Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handbags off the pitch

Oct 2, 2008
Apologies if fixtures, but did anyone see what happened when it seemed to briefly kick off in the second half between the two benches ? . It looked like one of their lot got sent off and from what I could see one of our Spaniards was getting rather excited.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 5h
Tempers flared on the touchline after the red. Ruben Martinez from #bhafc backroom team dismissed.

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 4h
Davies re: bench altercation: "No comment". #bhafc

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 4h
Plenty of "no comment" from Davies, including what he made of #bhafc. "None of my business."

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3h
Billy Davies objected to being filmed during the game. Sent an accomplice to tell the cameraman and then told him himself. #bhafc

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Was sat just behind the dugout. Kicked off at the sending off with the forest bench not happy with oscar waiving an imaginary card. Oscar an oasis of calm in the midst, but making the mistake of trying to reason with morons. Ended with someone from our bench who I didn't recognise pushing one of theirs in the chest and then a lot of handbags. As the crowd started giving the forest bench stick, one of them apparently said something about gay boys, although I didn't hear that. Cue lots of stewards and general bed wetting. At the end the fat tw@t Davies called his coaching staff together into a huddle like a David Brent parody, then took offence at someone filming it. His lanky tw@t coach went to stand in front of the camera to stop said huddle being filmed then the fat sweatie went over himself to the cameraman, who seemed a bit bemused that he wasn't able to film such a meeting of great minds. I have a short video of this if anyone can tell me how to load it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ruben Martinez was sent to the stands apparently.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ruben Martinez was sent to the stands apparently.

When the benches confronted each other, one of the 'morons' (good and accurate description of Forest bench), got in the face of Ruben, who gave a gaelic wave of the hand and sat down. Said 'moron' then continued, so Ruben got up and gave him a double handed push in front of the 4th official, hence sending off.

Forest bench was a disgrace.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn't see what kicked it off but it seemed strange that two or three of their coaching staff were actually inside our technical area giving it loads, and yet only the Albion coach walked.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Was sat just behind the dugout. Kicked off at the sending off with the forest bench not happy with oscar waiving an imaginary card. Oscar an oasis of calm in the midst, but making the mistake of trying to reason with morons. Ended with someone from our bench who I didn't recognise pushing one of theirs in the chest and then a lot of handbags. As the crowd started giving the forest bench stick, one of them apparently said something about gay boys, although I didn't hear that. Cue lots of stewards and general bed wetting. At the end the fat tw@t Davies called his coaching staff together into a huddle like a David Brent parody, then took offence at someone filming it. His lanky tw@t coach went to stand in front of the camera to stop said huddle being filmed then the fat sweatie went over himself to the cameraman, who seemed a bit bemused that he wasn't able to film such a meeting of great minds. I have a short video of this if anyone can tell me how to load it.

I would like to see the video but sorry can't help you on how to upload it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You'll have to upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or similar and then post the URL.

Dec 29, 2011
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3h
Billy Davies objected to being filmed during the game. Sent an accomplice to tell the cameraman and then told him himself. #bhafc

He's on camera every week, why did he suddenly object to this guy filming him? Sounds like he's being overly difficult.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He's on camera every week, why did he suddenly object to this guy filming him? Sounds like he's being overly difficult.

He's got a chip on his shoulder about the media. Just google his bizarre press conferences of late. Thinks that everyone's got in for Forest. Hmmm - might just be because they're seemingly trying to circumvent FFP and also stories like the one below which suggest the club is being run in breach of Football League rules:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/30/nottingham-forest-jim-price-billy-davies

Dec 29, 2011
He's got a chip on his shoulder about the media. Just google his bizarre press conferences of late. Thinks that everyone's got in for Forest. Hmmm - might just be because they're seemingly trying to circumvent FFP and also stories like the one below which suggest the club is being run in breach of Football League rules:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/30/nottingham-forest-jim-price-billy-davies

Nothing would delight me more than seeing them fined or have a points deduction.

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
Our "massive investment" this season is probably less than Blackburn paid for Jordan Rhodes. There seems to be a bit of doubt whether the punishments will/can be implemented (I hope!). If an owner is willing to fund an investment in his "business" in order to try to grow the business how/ why should he be prevented from doing so?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Our "massive investment" this season is probably less than Blackburn paid for Jordan Rhodes. There seems to be a bit of doubt whether the punishments will/can be implemented (I hope!). If an owner is willing to fund an investment in his "business" in order to try to grow the business how/ why should he be prevented from doing so?

Fair enough, but if the rules are in place then you either adhere to them or get fined. If no rules are being broken then clubs have nothing to worry about.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Our "massive investment" this season is probably less than Blackburn paid for Jordan Rhodes.

The difference being they have Parachute Payments, you do not.

The rules are clear, and it seems very clear to most that you intend on breaking, or at least fiddling them.

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
The difference being they have Parachute Payments, you do not.

The rules are clear, and it seems very clear to most that you intend on breaking, or at least fiddling them.

Tweaking maybe. The point is if an owner wants to put his own money why should he be restricted. If its done in the clubs name as a loan against the clubs assets in order to profit from extravigant interest rates as Cardiff and possibly Leicester then thats a different matter .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tweaking maybe. The point is if an owner wants to put his own money why should he be restricted. If its done in the clubs name as a loan against the clubs assets in order to profit from extravigant interest rates as Cardiff and possibly Leicester then thats a different matter .

Because it is against the rules agreed between all the clubs. Whether you are in breach of FFP or not I have no idea, just hope if its found that you are (or any club) punishment is handed out accordingly.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm struggling to like our new coaching set up, so one of the faceless, nameless backroom people getting themselves sent off for (allegedly) acting like a brat doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm not fond of the direction we're going in at the moment.

Well that's BLATANTLY the justification of a fan who knows that his team is slapping the rules in the face.

Financial fair play speaks for itself. We're taking it seriously, and rightly so. It is important. Clubs like Nottingham Forest are a disgrace, there are a few other examples dotted about the leagues as well, but Forest should benefit the most from ignoring the rules for the short term benefit. The sooner the finances in football are brought under control, the better for the whole sport in general.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm struggling to like our new coaching set up, so one of the faceless, nameless backroom people getting themselves sent off for (allegedly) acting like a brat doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm not fond of the direction we're going in at the moment.

Very true dear boy, agree totally and I would recognise any of the backroom staff if they came up to me in the street.

The direction we're going is backward and fast

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here