Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight was ....

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Tonight was a bad day at the office. Nothing sinister imo. We were up against a high flying forest side, who have spent a lot of money this year.
We would of struggled with a complete squad and experienced manager.

I'm not panicked.

OG had no choice tonight, he played the strongest team we had, in the right formation, playing the way I like to see us play.

Therefore, I'm confident when there are options on the bench like CMS or Orlandi, those players who we know can effect a game, we will get results.

Don't hate on Greer. Defense starts from the front. He and Upson had little help from midfield. Our defense isn't the problem.

Forest looked just as fallible as us re: missed placed passes, inaccurate long shots. What they had that we didn't was quality upfront.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think you're right there mate. First halh I thought we did 'ok'. We are missing some key players, and we were so much better than we were on Tuesday. The result flattered them a little, although the did come out at half time like they wanted to win at all costs.

We are miss Bridcutt so much. If anything, his value must have risen since he has been injured.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As was Wednesday, as was Ipswich. We seem to be having a lot of bad days at the office recently.

I'm not saying it's time to panic (still totally behind oscar), but rushing on here to dismiss yet another poor performance as a bad day at the office isn't really going to be accepted as a good argument if it's happening after every game.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We had more energy than Tuesday night and Lua Lua had a good game, other than that we suffered from the same problems - poor marking, poor defensive shape, played to narrow and poor pass selection.

We scored on the break but tbf Forrest could have had 2 in the first half and 4 in the second.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
As was Wednesday, as was Ipswich. We seem to be having a lot of bad days at the office recently.

I'm not saying it's time to panic (still totally behind oscar), but rushing on here to dismiss yet another poor performance as a bad day at the office isn't really going to be accepted as a good argument if it's happening after every game.

Quite agree it seems you have to love Oscar as some new messiah and cant criticise what you can see happening on the pitch.

To me it was a massive gamble to appoint him, it must be very hard for him to get up to speed with championship football, research available players he would have had no knowledge of and to coach a team where all of the prior coaching staff have departed.

I hope it turns around but it's hard to change momentum and at the moment it's only going one way.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Quite agree it seems you have to love Oscar as some new messiah and cant criticise what you can see happening on the pitch.

To me it was a massive gamble to appoint him, it must be very hard for him to get up to speed with championship football, research available players he would have had no knowledge of and to coach a team where all of the prior coaching staff have departed.

I hope it turns around but it's hard to change momentum and at the moment it's only going one way.

Have to agree. He has plenty of support with his management team and I thought he was known for his coaching strength. Frankly I haven't seen much evidence of it. Our passing has deteriorated and we play too narrow which is a bit ridiculous when we have the widest pitch you can. The Yeovil game has suddenly become very important.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Have to agree. He has plenty of support with his management team and I thought he was known for his coaching strength. Frankly I haven't seen much evidence of it. Our passing has deteriorated and we play too narrow which is a bit ridiculous when we have the widest pitch you can. The Yeovil game has suddenly become very important.

He is still playing catch up and getting used to the task. It must also be hard when he starts to get a settled side (without key players) and then the players pick up injuries.
A fully fit squad, which means a strong bench as well......then we can judge/criticise.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He is still playing catch up and getting used to the task. It must also be hard when he starts to get a settled side (without key players) and then the players pick up injuries.
A fully fit squad, which means a strong bench as well......then we can judge/criticise.

He had better get used to the task pretty quick. To be honest it's not the fact that we have picked up one point in three games but the manner of our play. What we were so good at, keeping possession, being difficult to score against, has gone. We have ex internationals in the team and yet we aren't performing as we should.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He had better get used to the task pretty quick. To be honest it's not the fact that we have picked up one point in three games but the manner of our play. What we were so good at, keeping possession, being difficult to score against, has gone. We have ex internationals in the team and yet we aren't performing as we should.

This

How many games did we lose last season when we scored first? - How many have we lost so far this season?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here