[Official Site] Fans Motivate Oscar

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1098218_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
21:36 5th October 2013
by Adam Tighe
It is significant that the stands are full and that we are at the top of the attendance tables, and I am proud of our fans"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia tonight praised the Albion fans for their support despite the 3-1 loss to Nottingham Forest - and said he was disappointed not to reward them with a victory.He told seagulls.co.uk, “It is significant that the stands are full and that we are at the top of the attendance tables, and I am proud of our fans.
“Their attitude and support today was magnificent in the face of a bad result. I am very proud to be the coach of their club.
“We wanted to be brave and we wanted to win the game but all things considered I am happy with the performance of my players as well, who all gave 100 per cent.
crofts-l229-1097468.jpg

“I am proud with the attractive football that we are playing and our fans, who are smart, know that when they come here they will see good football being played.”
The Spaniard also felt the scoreline was not a justified reflection on the pattern of the game.
“I feel the result flattered Forest. For most of the game we matched one of the best teams in the division who also have one of the highest budgets.
“Yes, they played really well and they have a strong team, but they were also able to field their best players while we had seven or eight first team regulars missing.
“They had players on their bench who are able to change matches but, as I said, for most of the game we matched them face to face.
“The most important minutes in a football match often come at the end of the first half and at the beginning of the second half. They scored and after then it was hard for us to get into the game and in a short time they scored two more goals.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here