Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you're struggling when...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Andrew crofts is our best player!

Last year he couldn't get into our side, but now due to injuries and poor form he's starting (rightfully) weekly. It's obvious that we need a striker, ideally two. Why we recruited Conway I don't know. He looks slow and very underwhelming. Barnes is not a lone striker player, he's not quick, big or committed enough. We should have used Conways wages on a striker. Kemy is looking like a wrong decision too. He wouldn't make my 18 when our players get back to fitness / form.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Last year he couldn't get into our side, but now due to injuries and poor form he's starting (rightfully) weekly. It's obvious that we need a striker, ideally two. Why we recruited Conway I don't know. He looks slow and very underwhelming. Barnes is not a lone striker player, he's not quick, big or committed enough. We should have used Conways wages on a striker. Kemy is looking like a wrong decision too. He wouldn't make my 18 when our players get back to fitness / form.

He 's not

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

He's a quality player, he didn't get into the side last year for a number of non-football related reasons.

I think we needed Kemy in the last 15 tonight, a player who isn't scared to do something a bit different and creates a moment that scores a goal. We were vs ten men and our build up play and final action was monotonous, predictable and lacking in quality.

However, I appreciate that Agustein-bashing is fashionable at the moment, so do carry on if it makes you feel better about yourself..

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He's a quality player, he didn't get into the side last year for a number of non-football related reasons.

I think we needed Kemy in the last 15 tonight, a player who isn't scared to do something a bit different and creates a moment that scores a goal. We were vs ten men and our build up play and final action was monotonous, predictable and lacking in quality.

However, I appreciate that Agustein-bashing is fashionable at the moment, so do carry on if it makes you feel better about yourself..

Although I do agree with your point re Conway, I don't understand why we brought him in.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yeah that's objective. I just use Crofts as an example of how badly things have turned out. Andrews, LuaLua, Buckley, Tom, Ward and Upson are all first choice players. It's just not working.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

Clearly someone who doesn't remember league 1 when crofts was head and shoulders above everyone. He is a quality player who was playing not fully fit last year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is that Andrew Crofts, current international and ex-premier league player?

He has been playing very well this year, his workrate is fantastic.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think we have scored the least goals in this league, if not we are in the bottom three, there lies the problem.
The wingers did put in a few good balls into the box, the Forest defenders dealt with them easily because they were under no pressure.
Did Barnes win one header?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In spite of his goal i would have him as our worst player tonight. Play comes to a halt with him and i promise i am not being completebadgeresque sarcastically. Lua Lua and Ward were excellent tonight for the most part, and Buckley dared to attempt to go past people again, which was exciting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In spite of his goal i would have him as our worst player tonight. Play comes to a halt with him and i promise i am not being completebadgeresque sarcastically. Lua Lua and Ward were excellent tonight for the most part, and Buckley dared to attempt to go past people again, which was exciting.

I'm staggered! Thought he was second onlyto KLL. The effort he put in was immense.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm staggered! Thought he was second onlyto KLL. The effort he put in was immense.

His every single pass tonight was a gift to the feet of the Forest brutes. For as much as he pumps and labours and i imagine breathes heavily in the process, he's the antidote to our mobility and flow. I see him with the ball and i know it's the end of the move as 10 seconds of stuttering follow, looking in all directions in a panic, and then playing a pass that's simply intercepted if it's ever forwards. For all his supposed muscularity and workhardyness i don't actually see him tackling anyone much either. It's a complete rarity for me, but he's a player i don't like to see in the stripes, now or ever before.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Crofts, Ward and at times Kaz were our best players today. Ward is getting better and better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
His every single pass tonight was a gift to the feet of the Forest brutes. For as much as he pumps and labours and i imagine breathes heavily in the process, he's the antidote to our mobility and flow. I see him with the ball and i know it's the end of the move as 10 seconds of stuttering follow, looking in all directions in a panic, and then playing a pass that's simply intercepted if it's ever forwards. For all his supposed muscularity and workhardyness i don't actually see him tackling anyone much either. It's a complete rarity for me, but he's a player i don't like to see in the stripes, now or ever before.

Then you watched a completely different game from me and the majority of people around us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Conway was signed to try and cover the creative gap left by Orlandi getting injured. With hindsight it looks like a bad choice as Conway doesn't seem to offer anything that Kaz and Buckley don't. However at the time of the signing we weren't to know that Big Len would get suspended for 3 games then pick up an injury on his return.

Hopefully, as reported yesterday, we will use the international break to bring in two strikers, however unless we get really lucky and find a loan signing that will have the impact Bobby did when he signed we will have to hope the midfield step up and score more.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

100 per cent agree. He's not a player I rate at all fwiw.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here