Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Calm & Carry On !!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Nothing today gave me any major concerns for the rest of the season. We have played a lot worse and won !!

Today's result flattered forest

D

Deleted member 2719

I am in the calm brigade, there were plenty of positives today.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I enjoyed the game.

I do worry that we don't have the talent to play Oscar's one touch system though. We'll see when we're back to full strength.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I actually walked out pretty happy after today's game despite the loss, it was a hell of a lot more promising the Tuesdays shitshow. Keep playing like that's and get some of our injured players back and we'll be alright comfortable mid table a year for Oscar to learn this league and the training ground opening in the summer wil hopefully reduce the no of injuries.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I actually walked out pretty happy after today's game despite the loss, it was a hell of a lot more promising the Tuesdays shitshow. Keep playing like that's and get some of our injured players back and we'll be alright comfortable mid table a year for Oscar to learn this league and the training ground opening in the summer wil hopefully reduce the no of injuries.

I disagree on the first part as I felt more depressed today than Tuesday today we did 75% of the job but failed in the last quarter where as Tuesday was dire so expected the poor result. If we play like today week in week out we will have problems, teams sit back wait for us to knock it around and then when we eventually lose it hit us and have a shot on target often resulting in a goal. Our problem is we are toothless in front of goal we will get no where while we can't score. Don t get me wrong it's not all doom and gloom and we are suffering with the injuries but until we learn to punish teams while we are on top we will have problems.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just out of interest, what position were palace this time last year, or reading the year before ???

Exactly. I think Reading were 18th at Christmas before they went on their run. I'm not saying we'll do the same but with Bridcutt, Orlandi and Ulloa back...

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Absolutely nothing to worry about.
Forest played a good game. At 1-2 I fancied us to go on and win. It wasn't to be but we all know what the missing link is. We will quickly move up this league once the injured are back. Keep the faith.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We don't score enough goals, it's as simple as that. If we concede 1 goal in 20 games for the rest of the season, then that's 20 occasions where we need to score 2 or more to win the game. Who's going to score them,,Barnes??? Don't make me laugh. I only remember the keeper making 1 save of any note today and by the look of Ulloa, he won't be back anytime before xmas. We need a striker and we need him by yesterday or else we are in serious trouble.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
First Half performance was pretty good, but ultimately we collapsed and payed the price. Its that old cliche - "Its a game of two halves".

If we STILL keep missing vital chances then we will get nowhere soon. I'm not worried yet, though I'll start to get worried if we fail to beat Yeovil.

scooter1

How soon is now?
This board is all about opinions, some of which are pretty knee jerk extreme. But i totally agree with the above post.
We looked ok today, but got undone by a team who were better than us, and will be somewhere around the top 6 at the end of the season. We had a shit summer due to circumstances, and this will have to be a consolidation season, but we shouldn't go down. There are at least 7 teams who should, and(I hope) will be below us, come the end of May

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We don't score enough goals, it's as simple as that. If we concede 1 goal in 20 games for the rest of the season, then that's 20 occasions where we need to score 2 or more to win the game. Who's going to score them,,Barnes??? Don't make me laugh. I only remember the keeper making 1 save of any note today and by the look of Ulloa, he won't be back anytime before xmas. We need a striker and we need him by yesterday or else we are in serious trouble.

end-of-the-world-is-nigh-007.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here