Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty at 1-1?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I was in the South West corner for a change today but it seemed a pretty big appeal, anyone in the North confirm or deny?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
From my seat in the East it looked like their defender had his arm out so I've seen them given. We should have scored just after it though and the Calderon missed a sitter a few minutes later. They were the turning points in the match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Their hand ball a couple of yards out was pretty blatant.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yeah the handball inside the 6 yard box after it was cleared off the line (how we didn't score anyway is beyond me) was a definite penalty. He had his arm out, they even showed it in the replay!

The kazenga one wasn't as he was getting tugged to pieces outside the box, but eventually went down inside. Nice waste of the free kick as well!

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Yeah the handball inside the 6 yard box after it was cleared off the line (how we didn't score anyway is beyond me) was a definite penalty. He had his arm out, they even showed it in the replay!

The kazenga one wasn't as he was getting tugged to pieces outside the box, but eventually went down inside. Nice waste of the free kick as well!

Definite handball but we should have scored anyway as shown on the big screen.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I'm sure it's hidden in a thread somewhere but can't find it at moment.
Was Forests penalty rightly given? From the North stand looked like the ball was cleared before the player got taken out. Any of those nearer had a better view of it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was in the north end of West lower and it definitely hit his arm. Ref may have been unsighted or decided that his arm was inside his body, if that makes sense.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't really notice the handball claim at 1-1, even in the replay on the big screen, but did notice one of our players run into the box and try to throw himself to ground in the middle of the mass of players to win a penalty. I imagine the ref saw it as ball to hand. I suspect it he was right, these things are usually the sort that if it's a penalty claim for your team it's a stonewall pen, if it's a claim against your team you argue it as accidental, ball to hand etc.

The final tug that brought Lualua down at 3-1 was just outside the box as well, so even if the ref didn't look at it as "he tried to stay on his feet despite the fouls then went down" as a reason to doubt that it was a foul it should have been a free kick outside the box (just).

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just seen the incident on football league show. I still can't see the handball.

Deep ball into the box headed back by barnes, tipped through back to barnes by andrews, cleared by forest player, hitting their number seven in the chest, bouncing to crofts whose show is tipped onto the post by the keeper, scrambled clear.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here