Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
So, we got beat by a better side. A side that cost at least twice what our boys cost. A side that beat a team hopelessly depleted by injury, a cynical calculating side managed by a nasty win-at-all-costs pig of a manager. Get over it. I know which side I'd rather support, defeat or not.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Rolling over is not good enough, no matter how many players we have injured.

Did we roll over or did we get beat because of three individual errors and were unable to break them down after that. Wouldn't call that rolling over

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A side that had only won on their travels once before today, scored 6 goals and let in 6. Sheff Weds had not won a game when they visited and we only scrapped a point in the last minute and Wedsnesday were a very poor team. No point in glossing over the facts, something is very wrong atm, I don't blame Garcia and he has had no luck but then again, I believe you make you own luck. This situation with Burke is not good, something has got to give or we could be in deep shit very quickly indeed.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
A side that had only won on their travels once before today, scored 6 goals and let in 6. Sheff Weds had not won a game when they visited and we only scrapped a point in the last minute and Wedsnesday were a very poor team. No point in glossing over the facts, something is very wrong atm, I don't blame Garcia and he has had no luck but then again, I believe you make you own luck. This situation with Burke is not good, something has got to give or we could be in deep shit very quickly indeed.

Massive over-reaction. Our performances against Reading and QPR were very accomplished. Just accept that this season we are a mid-table side, we won't go down and we won't go up. I saw a very exciting game of football tonight and I don't feel that we were particularly embarrassed. Move on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Massive over-reaction. Our performances against Reading and QPR were very accomplished. Just accept that this season we are a mid-table side, we won't go down and we won't go up. I saw a very exciting game of football tonight and I don't feel that we were particularly embarrassed. Move on.

WE are better than mid-table. People have to stick with it, let Oscar do his thing and wait for our best 3 players to come back.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Did we roll over or did we get beat because of three individual errors and were unable to break them down after that. Wouldn't call that rolling over

I would. We looked beaten 1 minute into the 2nd half. It's difficult for players low on confidence once the goals are flying in the wrong end but a good coach can instill a bit of fight.

I said when we appointed Garcia we were all getting carried away with a 'flair' manager when last season it was old school tough managers like Mackay, Bruce and Holloway that took teams up. This season so far Dyche, Redknapp and Pearson are currently the top 3. Bit of toughening up needed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Not really, if all our players were fit it would be a different story.

If you were going to wield the axe, who do you think needs replacing?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Strangely, I felt better tonight than I did against Wednesday on Tuesday. (arf arf).

First half was a very good performance. As the OP said, three individual errors cost us (essentially we let in the first goal and it went to our heads a bit). Forest had 4 (four) top strikers on the pitch at various points tonight. We had to replace a poor Barnes with an unproven lad. It was always going to be difficult, but aside from our mad 10 minutes I thought we did better than I expected heading to the game tonight..

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not really, if all our players were fit it would be a different story.

If you were going to wield the axe, who do you think needs replacing?

I've said from day 1, I don't think a director of football and a head coach is a great formula for success at this level. Let a manager manage, simples. We have had two strikers from the start of the season and now we have one(apparently that's what he is) Garcia is hardly spoilt for choice in that dept is he??? But then player recruitment is down to the director of football.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I would. We looked beaten 1 minute into the 2nd half. It's difficult for players low on confidence once the goals are flying in the wrong end but a good coach can instill a bit of fight.

I said when we appointed Garcia we were all getting carried away with a 'flair' manager when last season it was old school tough managers like Mackay, Bruce and Holloway that took teams up. This season so far Dyche, Redknapp and Pearson are currently the top 3. Bit of toughening up needed.

This is it but I think Nathan Jones has been brought in to help this aspect but I am not sure it is working. Greer really gave the game away when we were 2 1 down. We should have been strong, held on and come again late on to draw.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've said from day 1, I don't think a director of football and a head coach is a great formula for success at this level. Let a manager manage, simples. We have had two strikers from the start of the season and now we have one(apparently that's what he is) Garcia is hardly spoilt for choice in that dept is he??? But then player recruitment is down to the director of football.

You didn't answer my question, if you were going to wield the axe, who do you think needs replacing?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I dont think they where the better side, we where poor no doubt, so where they though.

PIG was immense 2day, and their keeper pulled of a cracking save to tbf

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here