Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we ever looked less likely to score against 10 men?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No.

KLL and Buckley needed to hug the touchlines and make the pitch as big as possible, but 'no', we kept going down the middle. Completely clueless!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

KLL and Buckley needed to hug the touchlines and make the pitch as big as possible, but 'no', we kept going down the middle. Completely clueless!
It's odd 2 games on the trot, we've been under pressure, Will & KLL have started on the touchline, made some inroads, but after 15 minutes given up.
Then played half an hour edging nearer and nearer the middle with ever decreasing levels of success.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It's odd 2 games on the trot, we've been under pressure, Will & KLL have started on the touchline, made some inroads, but after 15 minutes given up.
Then played half an hour edging nearer and nearer the middle with ever decreasing levels of success.

I agree, very odd.

Our performance then deteriorates. How someone in management hasn't spotted it is beyond me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They put 10 behind the ball once Chalobah (he is going to be one hell of a player) get sent off.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They put 10 behind the ball once Chalobah (he is going to be one hell of a player) get sent off.

Chalobah was class last season for Watford at the Amex but I thought he was very poor today and a red card waiting to happen. Maybe he started to believe his own hype or is just unfit but he looked a shadow of the player who ran the game last season.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Did their keeper make a save when they went down to 10 men?

Don't think so. Really sloppy second half performance. Poor defending on the corner for the equaliser, not sure on the penalty as not seen it on telly yet but looked a soft decision, poor challenge in the box.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No.

Yes and no I agree they are best out wide but what happens when they whip crosses we don't have anyone centrally capable of finishing and until that changes it doesn't really matter how wide they play. We need to learn to shoot and hit the target reminds me of our first season at the Amex.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It wasn't the best performance also it wasn't the worst, of course I would have rather played Forest with Ulloa, Macca, Bridders, Orlandi in the side but it wasn't to be. Until they scored we had them contained a lack of concentration cost us and we simply didn't have the fire power to get ourselves back in the game against a quality side.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Typical game of 2 halves. Was totally happy with 1st half but as soon as they scored our heads dropped. Add to that our total wasting of chances (hit post, Buckley "header") and it becomes totally frustrating. We need to be asking why we have been recruiting in areas where we were strong anyway but now look so lightweight up front.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes and no I agree they are best out wide but what happens when they whip crosses we don't have anyone centrally capable of finishing and until that changes it doesn't really matter how wide they play. We need to learn to shoot and hit the target reminds me of our first season at the Amex.

But what I've suggested is how you play against 10 men. By making the pitch bigger the full backs have a decision to make in terms of whether to close them down, if they go then there's space in the middle.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
But what I've suggested is how you play against 10 men. By making the pitch bigger the full backs have a decision to make in terms of whether to close them down, if they go then there's space in the middle.

I agree with you my problem is the complete lack of ability to finish when these player deliver the final ball, we still end up with not scoring. I suspect there is an element currently that Kaz and Will drift inside in a effort to score as we have nothing else to threaten the goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here