Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Whilst I'm at it he needs to go, I'm guessing he had the biggest role in bringing the loan players in this season, instead of letting oscar do his thing, don't get me wrong some have been good (ward) but others we didn't need (Conway, Agustiein) who's funds could of gone on a forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously Oscar has no say whatsoever in the players we get in. He just goes out on the training field and Burke arrives with a new player and Oscar says "thanks" and asks him where he plays.

I thought everyone knew this :rolleyes:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wasn't it Burke who was instrumental in the Ulloa deal coming off ?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm not sure that Burke is entirely at fault - surely he is only able to bring in players that are a) available to us and b) fit the budget he has been given. I'm sure he would love to splash the cash and with his contacts at places like Man C he could have the choice of several decent loanees (like Bridge?......) but we can't afford them now we are under FFP.

By the way how was Burke to know that Kemy would get injured when he came here and then forced to play before he is fit?

I suspect Burke is having to work within very tight constraints placed on him by the Chairman who ultimately holds the purse strings (and not Barber for that matter).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
in tonight's programme there's a picture of 19 scouts who cover most of Europe (and watch DVDs) presumably all picking up a salary and expenses. Just saying.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not sure that Burke is entirely at fault - surely he is only able to bring in players that are a) available to us and b) fit the budget he has been given. I'm sure he would love to splash the cash and with his contacts at places like Man C he could have the choice of several decent loanees (like Bridge?......) but we can't afford them now we are under FFP.

By the way how was Burke to know that Kemy would get injured when he came here and then forced to play before he is fit?

I suspect Burke is having to work within very tight constraints placed on him by the Chairman who ultimately holds the purse strings (and not Barber for that matter).

Quite right. However, Kemy is unfit and I believe has a questionable attitude, I've been told first at the bar, last to leave...... Great for a 70s/80s, player but things are more professional now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
in tonight's programme there's a picture of 19 scouts who cover most of Europe (and watch DVDs) presumably all picking up a salary and expenses. Just saying.

A lot of whom are part-time so not exactly taking a huge wage.
The article was interesting and for those saying Oscar has no say should read it

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
of his deals so far this season.
Andrews, Ward = ok
chicksen, conway, Kemy, lopez = shit

more bad than good sack him:lolol:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
of his deals so far this season.
Andrews, Ward = ok
chicksen, conway, Kemy, lopez = shit

more bad than good sack him:lolol:

Chicksen - Suffered with injury since joining, you cant judge him yet.
Conway - Barely featured so again, jury isnt out.
Agustien - Same as above except due to injury.
Dave - Has been poor, though after his performances last season, its understandable why he was re-signed.

Hardly bad.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Chicksen - Suffered with injury since joining, you cant judge him yet.
Conway - Barely featured so again, jury isnt out.
Agustien - Same as above except due to injury.
Dave - Has been poor, though after his performances last season, its understandable why he was re-signed.

Hardly bad.

Sensible post, no need for that on nsc.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst I'm at it he needs to go, I'm guessing he had the biggest role in bringing the loan players in this season, instead of letting oscar do his thing, don't get me wrong some have been good (ward) but others we didn't need (Conway, Agustiein) who's funds could of gone on a forward.

You're actually being serious, aren't you? My word, that really is something.

Just out of interest without these loan players, and with the injuries we have, who would you suggest steps in?

I'm "guessing" you've never been involved in running a professional football club?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Apologies. It came out wrong, should have read -

"All his signings have been shite, i mean that Leo Ulloa has been total crap :facepalm: "

I think he was being chased by the Albion before Burke joined the club, it was well over a year before he got the Spanish passport required for us to be able to sign him. I believe Stephenson had more to do with finding Ulloa.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wonder how many other club's forums have a thread about the Director of Football? Very strange to blame him when most of the people doing the blaming don't understand his role

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I still have LITERALLY no idea why we signed Andrews. Without Bridcutt running the midfield we are severely weakened. I don't see where he's going to fit in when Bridders is back. On the other hand, up front, we couldn't finish our dinners never mind a half decent chance. Finishing was what killed us tonight. Their's was good and ours was woeful.

F*** the budget. That's not the issue. When you have two strikers on crutches and the collective finishing ability of Karen Carpenter the issue is spending that budget on the likes of Andrews and Conway. Burke's problem or Oscars? I don't know for sure. But if it isn't Burke's problem, for me, he's already redundant.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here