Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football dying on it's feet???

Jan 30, 2008
sad to say i'm afraid , home much longer before the money go round crashes , fair to say that some of the players appalling antics on the pitch are becoming a piss take to the punter , players running around with things written on their vests after scoring , obscene wages , TV coverage dictating everything , seems to me football fans have been brainwashed.............. happy to accept that ???
regards
DR

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Wages? Well if people didn't buy sky they couldn't pay them.

Antics? Well thats always been happening in one form or another.

TV coverage? See above about wages.

Brainwashed punters? Rubbish. Apathetic punters? Possibly. Accepting punters? Yes.

What's the solution? Do nothing. Or do something so what do you do. Stop going, stop buying sky (I'll never have sky) stop watching in a pub?

People who look back and complain are as guilty as everyone else. If you don't like it now you should have done something in 1993.

Jan 30, 2008
He's living in another time. 40 years ago. The world has moved on since then, football has gone with it. Some people haven't.
yeah it's like the carrot and the donkey isn't it ???, nothing wrong with things moving on but has it been for the better, from what i can see its a big NO
regards
DR

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Brainwashed punters? Rubbish. Apathetic punters? Possibly. Accepting punters? Yes.

What's the solution? Do nothing. Or do something so what do you do. Stop going, stop buying sky (I'll never have sky) stop watching in a pub?

People who look back and complain are as guilty as everyone else. If you don't like it now you should have done something in 1993.

Or not done things in the 70's & 80's that forced football into changing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
yeah it's like the carrot and the donkey isn't it ???, nothing wrong with things moving on but has it been for the better, from what i can see its a big NO
regards
DR

Which is the issue isn't it, only your narrow minded view

Big industry now as opposed to small time previously

Jan 30, 2008

in what way ???
regards
DR

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
must admit,it does come to something when I find Real v. Barca nigh on unwatchable,due to all the rolling around

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That's a flimsy response ,you know what i'm getting at, don't act so dumb :wink:
regards
DR

Really, you want to go back to the good old days and that is what used to happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here