Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxis at Falmer

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Seeing as we've already paid for transport why spend extra on a taxi? What's wrong with the buses or trains?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I heard a rumour that the rank would have to be in the Lewes district part of the site and they wouldn't let brighton cabs operate there, so there isn't one.

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Whilst waiting for p&r after the game on Tuesday, there were a load of taxis parked in the middle (between bus and car exits)-so much so the stewards were commenting on the large number.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
The reason I asked is the trains were awful on Tuesday evening so we thought we'd try a taxi for late games, if possible. I may have a look in the p&r tonight, thanks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seeing as we've already paid for transport why spend extra on a taxi? What's wrong with the buses or trains?

Nothing at all, provided you don't mind standing in a queue for half an hour at quarter to ten on a Tuesday night. Me, I walked nearly all the to Mithras House in the vain hope that there would be a taxi parked up somewhere along the way (there sometimes is). Picked up a 49 bus in the end, just before Mithras. Would happily have parted with a tenner or more to any taxi driver who wanted it, to get home at a reasonable hour.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The reason I asked is the trains were awful on Tuesday evening so we thought we'd try a taxi for late games, if possible. I may have a look in the p&r tonight, thanks.

I notice a few pre-book and get collected by the Falmer Bridge.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Nothing at all, provided you don't mind standing in a queue for half an hour at quarter to ten on a Tuesday night. Me, I walked nearly all the to Mithras House in the vain hope that there would be a taxi parked up somewhere along the way (there sometimes is). Picked up a 49 bus in the end, just before Mithras. Would happily have parted with a tenner or more to any taxi driver who wanted it, to get home at a reasonable hour.

Sure someone can state me right but there aren't many taxis that are licensed to pick up [hailed down] in the street. Most have to be called to order stating pick up and destination on the call. Flagging down not very possible ....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I heard a rumour that the rank would have to be in the Lewes district part of the site and they wouldn't let brighton cabs operate there, so there isn't one.

Which is fair enough.
Taxis aren't allowed to wait on ranks outside of their own licencing authority area.
If they did they would be breaking the law and would, in effect, be working with no insurance.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
Sure someone can state me right but there aren't many taxis that are licensed to pick up [hailed down] in the street. Most have to be called to order stating pick up and destination on the call. Flagging down not very possible ....

Any Brighton turquoise & white cab can be flagged down in the city.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here