Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help! New car park/park and ride tomorrow - will i make kick off ...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Today i'm spending all day at Longhill School on the Falmer Road.
My thing wraps up at 5pm.

What would be best way of getting to Amex for KO by 5.30 ?
Parking in the Bridge Car Park ? Will there be space (the club email says yes). Can you pay in cash ?
Is there a big queue to park ? Ie: will i make into my seat in WSU in time...

or do i have time to go to a park and ride (probably not).

any experience /advice then grateful. My car will be in the School car park so could leave it there. and get a bus ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Go to the Downs Hotel. They do a park and ride mini-bus for £4 it was. Use pub car park, and have a beer in the pub after when you get the return bus.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think the last race hill bus leaves about 35 minutes before ko. It may be easier to park around Mithras House and either jump on a regular bus to the University or jump on a train from Moulsecoomb. I would try and park on the cockcfoft site side, the train station is 3-4 minutes run (uphill) and if you are really lucky (traffic is bad on Falmer Road) you could make the 17.27 if not 17.45 or 17.57, only takes three minutes.

However ringing the Down Hotel may be a good option to see if they run the bus after ko.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
thanks. really useful . will have a look into the Downs option. looks like best.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Is that the FA coaching course? My mate is on that as well and has the same problem.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Order a taxi for 4.55, all other ways will miss kick off

So, drive 2 miles from Longhill to Downs Hotel, park up and get a lift to the Amex, watch match, then get a lift back to pub and have a pint, total cost £7.
or,
Leave your car at Longhill, order a taxi to the Amex. Watch game, order a taxi to get back to your car at Longhill, total cost approximately £50
Priceless

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
So, drive 2 miles from Longhill to Downs Hotel, park up and get a lift to the Amex, watch match, then get a lift back to pub and have a pint, total cost £7.
or,
Leave your car at Longhill, order a taxi to the Amex. Watch game, order a taxi to get back to your car at Longhill, total cost approximately £50
Priceless

Money was not mentioned, only meeting kick off time as a requirement

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You could walk it in less than 30 minutes, Shirley?

I am walking from Preson Park, I finish work at 4:30, easily be in my seat with a pie and 10 minutes to spare. :thumbsup:

Just about knowing the route. Personally, if I were you, I'd get a 49 to the final stop and then walk up from there. It's a straight line and there'll be loads of others doing the same to guide you.

or,
Priceless
Or you could catch the number 2 or 2A bus from Longhill School to either the Downs Hotel or the Racecourse P&R site. Every 20 minutes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here