Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't Park For a Short While in Oxford Street Unless You Want a Parking Ticket.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
One of my staff have received photographic proof of their vehicle being parked at the London Road end of Oxford Street, along with a parking ticket. Looking out for a traffic warden won't do you any good, as the camera will get you.
I used to find this very handy for the hole-in-the-wall or one of the near by food outlets, but I won't be doing it any more.
Just a friendly heads-up.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
He is and plans to do so before Easter next year apparently. The councils claim it is to secure road safety but in reality it is to boost their finances. Given the cuts though it is not surprising they are looking for other sources of income.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There was a prog on TV earlier where a young lad had been caught by camera dropping off in a bus stop in London. They put in a FOI request and the council (Hounslow I think) had made £480000 in fines from that bus stop alone.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He is and plans to do so before Easter next year apparently. The councils claim it is to secure road safety but in reality it is to boost their finances. Given the cuts though it is not surprising they are looking for other sources of income.

But surely people not paying for parking when they should be is losing the Councils money when they're already cash-strapped?

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I got a fine in Bath, stopped outside a cash machine for a matter of seconds, no-one was around, and it was caught on CCTV

PS don't park outside Harrods either ..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10810772

_48542808_swns_harrods_clamps_01.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
One of my staff have received photographic proof of their vehicle being parked at the London Road end of Oxford Street, along with a parking ticket. Looking out for a traffic warden won't do you any good, as the camera will get you.
I used to find this very handy for the hole-in-the-wall or one of the near by food outlets, but I won't be doing it any more.
Just a friendly heads-up.
also along Lewes road bn2 :wanker: SPOKE TO A MULTI DROP DELIVERY DRIVER WHO GOT DONE 3 times in a week without knowing :facepalm:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'll get slatted for this BUT many council tickets are illegal - get your member of staff to post on Pepipoo before paying - they may well get a successful appeal.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
also along Lewes road bn2 :wanker: SPOKE TO A MULTI DROP DELIVERY DRIVER WHO GOT DONE 3 times in a week without knowing :facepalm:
regards
DR

He just needs to choose normal double yellows, or single yellows (with no kerb blips) then he can load/unload and appeal any PCN (obviously beyond the farce of stage one 'computer says no' appeal rejection).

If he parked where there are kerb blips = loading ban, he'll have more of a job to appeal but should check that BH Council have a Traffic Order enabling parking enforcement by camera (which is not the same as the bus lane 'moving traffic' enforcement).

I thought the Council had not enabled camera enforcement yet, specifically for parking restrictions?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Ah. Sorted. You can press both an up or down key and a left and right at the same time.
I think I'm going to be on this for quite a while.
Just did level 4 in 40 seconds!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
All in favour of these charges - obviously people are willing to pay them or they wouldn't park where the charges apply - helps with the Council Tax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here