Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we muddle through until Ulloa returns without a loan striker?

Will we mudde through without a loan striker

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will development players get a crack?
Do we cross our fingers that Barnes doesn't get injured or sent off

One has to assume that the club know what they are doing, maybe a striker will be signed before tomorrow or next week but can we maintain mid table at least by making do with what we have?

I rather hope this thread will be null and void and a striker signed within the hour :D

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think we will probably muddle through. The real problem is Orlandi not being fit and Spanish Dave being so woefully out of form as they chipped in when needed last year. I'd push Buckley forward myself and even consider playing Calderon on the right wing in front of Bruno. Calde certainly knows how to hit it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I suppose it would be a bit old hat to start going on about Michael Owen being seen at the Grand Hotel with Tony Bloom.

And I agree that we have to assume the club knows what it is doing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon a striker will be signed out of the blue, with no warning, possibly ready for a bench place tomorrow.

Although we only have 3 games in the next 28 days, so no doubt will want to save 4 weeks wages.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think we should tell Ulloa to return WITH a loan striker!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will me muddle THOUGH....

THOUGH

Typo on THROUGH in the title but not in the poll option
Typo on MUDDLE in the poll option but not in the thread title

I rest my case, typos not bad use of English :rolleyes:

One of them now edited now, so go and nitpick somewhere else :smile:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We'll have to go back to how we did it in the old days , rely on the reserves.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be quite happy to muddle through if it means giving development players a crack. I'd rather that than pay for more useless journeyman rubbish like Conway and Agustien to turn up here and either look half hearted or only try to do things to make themselves look good.

My reasoning is that I really don't think we're good enough to go up or even finish in the top 6, so why not give new blood a chance? If we do start having to look down, we've got two or even three proper strikers returning and ready to steady the ship in the second half of the season.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Typo on THROUGH in the title but not in the poll option
Typo on MUDDLE in the poll option but not in the thread title

I rest my case, typos not bad use of English :rolleyes:

One of them now edited now, so go and nitpick somewhere else :smile:

Look closely at what I wrote, I'm not much better :rave:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am going to put my faith in David Burke, that he will bring in one from the list of strikers he prepared and promised the fans we would sign at the opening of the loan window.
So a signing to be here by the time we play Yeovil is my vote.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I hope we give a chance to the dev players.

Oscar's recent comments suggest he has asked and was told no. Now the line is "We now have to look towards Ashley Barnes and we have to trust him to score goals."

No spare cash I guess, so let's see if we can't get some bright young thing showing the "old boys" how to do it!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'd be quite happy to muddle through if it means giving development players a crack. I'd rather that than pay for more useless journeyman rubbish like Conway and Agustien to turn up here and either look half hearted or only try to do things to make themselves look good.

My reasoning is that I really don't think we're good enough to go up or even finish in the top 6, so why not give new blood a chance? If we do start having to look down, we've got two or even three proper strikers returning and ready to steady the ship in the second half of the season.

Here, here!!! WEll said that man.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think we will be somewhat goal shy over this period IF no cover is signed and we might drop towards the bottom 6 until the team grasp Oscar's tactics and learn to shoot at the target with more accuracy

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be up for a season of youth-development if we fairly clearly state this isn't the year to be really going for it. If we happen to see a peach or two come through then good on us for trying. I rather doubt such a statement would be made until well into the new year when we seemed mostly safe and possibilities of a run for glory put to bed, though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
"No, the Board need to pull their fingers out." That just about says it all. Jones latest rant is nonsense. "Jones wants quality not quantity." What a joke. The quantity of one would be nice. And we obviously want quality. Ridiculous BS for the ignorant and gullible. Stop talking, act now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

And you honestly think that means bums on seats!? Unbelievable. You and I will be there, but the hard-won butterflies will flit away.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

WAYYY too early to say we're not good enough for Top 6. More than likely we'll have a much better squad in the 2nd half of this season than we did last year, so if Oscar can keep us within 6-9 points of playoffs come Dec/Jan, I think we've got a very good chance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here