Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomorrow should be a cracker

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. It is a big game against one of the division's fancied teams.
2. There will be a big crowd that, due to the kickoff time, should be well lubricated.
3. There'll also be a decent sized away following.
4. The floodlights will be on (or, at least, will come on).

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 (should) = a great atmosphere.

And, in the face of all this injury adversity, I do fancy us to sneak an unlikely win.

Bring. It. On.

(I'm even going to use a smiley. And I never use smilies.)

:albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope we go attack mental.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2. There will be a big crowd that, due to the kickoff time, should be well lubricated.
What are you planning on doing to them?

After a couple of disappointing performances, we need a performance and a win.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I remember that early January game against Southampton who were flying at the time, and we had been dreadful and lost 4 straight through December. I don't think even the most optimistic of fans gave us much of a chance that day...we had a bit of luck but a great win!!

You just don't know in football. Form and on paper perhaps its a real tough one for us, but it's also these type of games that can get players playing above themselves.

Bruno up front please!!!

just kidding....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Attack mental. Not a phrase i have heard at the football but yes i hope we just say stick it let's have a go at them for 90 minutes. Late kick off and plenty of beer. Stadium in good voice (although there is bound to be a thread from someone at 20"00 on saturday night complaining it is to quiet and they did not like the song choice). Looking forward a lot.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
were loose

D

Deleted User X18H

And, in the face of all this injury adversity, I do fancy us to sneak an unlikely win.

Bring. It. On.

1) Are they? I mean they are up there, but so are Burnley.
2) Is it a sellout? Lots of people will delay their drinking. I am going to Jubilee Library and Dockerills prior to the match. My ETA and first pint will be around 16:45
3) How many will they bring for a 5:30 ko, it's still a bit of a trek. The last connecting train Falmer to Nottingham is the 20:06 and that could be tight, if you get stuck at the perennial red signal on the viaduct.
4) The last 5:30, non sky, university dictated kick off time, the floodlights failed.

I admire your enthusiasm, I am a bit Albioned out at the moment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2) Is it a sellout? Lots of people will delay their drinking. I am going to Jubilee Library and Dockerills prior to the match. My ETA and first pint will be around 16:45
3) How many will they bring for a 5:30 ko, it's still a bit of a trek. The last connecting train Falmer to Nottingham is the 20:06 and that could be tight, if you get stuck at the perennial red signal on the viaduct.
4) The last 5:30, non sky, university dictated kick off time, the floodlights failed.

1) Yes, yes they are. They have a lot of good players that should be there or thereabouts. (Irrelevant, but Burnley may be going well, but they are unfancied and won't finish where they are.)
2) Sellout - no, but an above average home crowd for sure. A lot of people will be in town at a similar time to a 15:00 kickoff, or a tad later. Beer will be consumed in volume.
3) 1700 and counting.
4) Irrelevant.

I've also been Albion-ed out. My seats have been empty for most games this season to date, but I think tomorrow is going to be great.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Going to be a lively crowd with all the pre match drinking :drink:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

That was depressing. I'll lighten the mood.
1. Yes they are. They thrown as much cash about an pretty much anyone
2. There is about 700tickets on general sale at the moment. Sell out no but defiantly the biggest of the season. I think to compensate for you i will be out Friday night and will continue without sleep till after kickoff. My first beer in that case in pencilled in at 20:00 tonight.
3.They have sold over 1700 tickets and the remaining will be able to be brought on the door for them so will allow last minute stragglers to get in as well. As for the train. Not our problem.
4. The floodlights will have a stormer and will be on all night i am sure.

I have loads of enthusiasm left. I hope your not near me normally lol

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Bring. It. On.

2. Some people won't be able to make it because they have pre-arranged plans for the evening :down:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I would like a vote of no confidence and possibly a ban for Bozza for being
just too bl**dy optimistic.

:)

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Bruno up front please!!!

This is an interesting post. Do you really think he could do a job for us upfront?

I too am massively looking forward to tomorrow despit the fact that if we get mullered my Sunday is ruined.

just kidding....[/QUOTE]

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll be cracking open a couple of my lucky cassowary eggs to make a monstrous morning omelette. The snake-slaying genes that run through the yolk of said ova should inject that underbird feeling in me and have me turn up at the game with a sense of indefatigability coursing through my feathery, unpoisonable-legged veins.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

Bring. It. On.

A cheeky Friday lunchtime cider or two already been drunk?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
2. Some people won't be able to make it because they have pre-arranged plans for the evening :down:

Seats still sold though, they will still officially have attended apparently! They just might be slightly quieter than normal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here