Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know of anyone who supports Brighton AND Crystal Palace??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just been reading about Michael Palin, and it turns out he's a boyhood Sheffield United fan and now he's a Sheffield Wednesday fan too.

Is there anyone else who supports two big rivals?? I know of a work colleague who was a Man U fan and now he's a loyal Man City supporter but not of anyone who supports two rivals.

In any case it must be pretty depressing for him supporting two teams and it turns out they're both absolutely useless.

:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My older brother married a girl who's family live in Wallington. Her brother is a Palace sth. My two nephews thus spent the first ten or so years in that area, under a mix of GOOD and EVIL influences.

One lad is now a proper Albion fan, the other one Palace. Although the Palace one is a bit PLASTIC in his allegiance and has waivered backwards and forwards between DARKNESS and LIGHT over the years. So him.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I know someone that was born to family where his Father's side all support Bristol City and his Mother's side all support Bristol Rovers. He was bought up being taken to City matches one week and Rovers matches the next week until he made his choice as a teenager.

He now supports City only, although his brother players for the Rovers academy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know a Palace STH, lives in Croydon, who up until last season regularly came to the Amex, he often has Brighton based clients to entertain so takes them into the 1901, and other times just wants to go to a match with his mates. Not seen him yet this season, perhaps the destraction of the Premier League is keeping his interest at Selhurst at the moment.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My older brother married a girl who's family live in Wallington. Her brother is a Palace sth. My two nephews thus spent the first ten or so years in that area, under a mix of GOOD and EVIL influences.

One lad is now a proper Albion fan, the other one Palace. Although the Palace one is a bit PLASTIC in his allegiance and has waivered backwards and forwards between DARKNESS and LIGHT over the years. So him.

My sister married a Palace fan and even though she is not really that into football she always has divided loyalties as our whole family are Albion. I do however have to admit to failure when it came down to converting my nephew and niece from the dark side :down:

My brother and I did enjoy winding up her husband to be in the lead up to the wedding though. We kept telling him we were going to speak up at the "does anyone here present know of any reason they can't marry" part of the wedding, saying he can't marry her because he is Palace. You could see him physically shaking at the alter on the day at that bit :lolol: (we didn't btw, that would have been nasty)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My dad, albeit an armchair fan of both.

Born and bred in Sutton, so grew up as a Palace fan. Then met my mum and moved to Sussex. Spent 25 years living in Portslade, and had children grow up as Brighton fans, so he has slowly become attached to the Albion as well. Palace is still his team, but listens to every Brighton game on the radio.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't Fat Boy Slim a Palace fan before he saw the light?

Seems so, found this online

Here is the key section in his own words...
Because I grew up in Reigate, I'm ashamed to say that for the early part of my life I supported our arch enemy, Crystal Palace. But about five years after I moved to Brighton, to go to college, my mates took me to an Albion game. I'd just been dumped by my wife and it was a case of them trying to cheer me up for the afternoon. But I was instantly hooked and ended up going to every home game for the next two seasons. The problem for me now is that Saturday nights are my big work night, so I do miss a lot of matches through being away.
The great thing about supporting Albion is that there's never a dull moment. It's either championships and promotion or relegation dogfights. Someone came up to me in London the other day and asked who I supported. When I told them they said, 'Nah, what proper team do you support?' As if not being on the telly every week means you're not a proper football club.

That's not to say I haven't witnessed some dreadful games. The worst was losing to Notts County in the Division Two play-off final at Wembley in 1991. We didn't look like the team I'd been watching all season - it didn't help that we played in a weird pink strip. That was when the rot set in. We were 90 minutes away from the First Division but we lost and within the week had sold our four best players and started tumbling down the leagues. I'll never forget the drive back to Brighton after the game. Palace fans were lining up on the motorway bridges on the M23 to wave us goodbye. A terrible day. :D:D:D

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I know of a bricklayer who was a staunch Brighton fan from BEEDING who went out with a girl who was PALACE she turned him over to the dark side, I saw him on a train a few years back with a Palace shirt on, I just blanked the **** made me feel ill

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I certainly used to when I was younger (late 60s early 70s), although I was more of a Chelsea fan than anything. There was no conflict as the two clubs weren't rivals, plus Brighton were third division and Palace where 1st/2nd. In fact I only went to the Goldstone when I couldn't watch decent football at Selhurst Park or Stamford Bridge!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I know of a bricklayer who was a staunch Brighton fan from BEEDING who went out with a girl who was PALACE she turned him over to the dark side, I saw him on a train a few years back with a Palace shirt on, I just blanked the **** made me feel ill

There is no way he was EVER staunch in that case. It's just not possible.:eek:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

no way ???please tell me thats not true:blush:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here