Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Tickets

A couple of days ago all the ones that are regularly on offer had sold out bar about 20.

Now there are tickets in the whole of the north (including both corners) and the whole of the west (apart from behind the dug outs) and the whole of the east upper.

I know there are been quite a few patches in the crowd recently, so would be hopeful that if we can sell this lot, the only holes will be in the south stand.

According to the Forest website, they are 300 left from their extended allocation for 2000, but are also saying tickets can be purchased on the day up to 90 minutes before kick off.

Is this a first?

If so, can we advise the same for home fans?

With 2000 Forest in attendance, this will be the biggest crowd of the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is the same for home fans, I believe, using the 'print at home' feature, although I'm sure you can collect a ticket too if required.

I really don't get the ticket sale policy. There's a decent chance that people may have looked earlier in the week for, say, a group of 4. They'd have been unable to find them so would have given up on this game. As it transpires they could go and sit together. Bizarre.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I would have thought so. There is about 700 tickets there only on general sale at the moment and they will have most the away end so about 29k maybe.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It is the same for home fans, I believe, using the 'print at home' feature, although I'm sure you can collect a ticket too if required.

I really don't get the ticket sale policy. There's a decent chance that people may have looked earlier in the week for, say, a group of 4. They'd have been unable to find them so would have given up on this game. As it transpires they could go and sit together. Bizarre.

Does anyone know why they do this? I always ring now as i know i can get extra seats next to my group of ST's but does seem a very backwards way of doing things. The want people to book online yet most the tickets are not advertised there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does anyone know why they do this? I always ring now as i know i can get extra seats next to my group of ST's but does seem a very backwards way of doing things. The want people to book online yet most the tickets are not advertised there.

I think the question has been asked many times but there's never been a satisfactory answer.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

God only knows. PB gave a totally unconvincing response when last asked, any suggestion that they are hospitality returns is laughable.

From all sorts of aspects particularly commercial and "customer satisfaction" this is one of the most baffling things the club do

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the question has been asked many times but there's never been a satisfactory answer.

Coupled with this gripe, I'd add the Official Ticket Exchange. Absolute waste of time. I had to miss the first two league games this season, and put our three family stand tickets up for resale. However, because the exchange doesn't 'go live' until the entire ground is sold out, they would not be available to someone looking on line for family stand tickets, because there are spaces in the South or North, that they don't want, and are never going to buy.

Net result; The guy wanting to buy tickets for him and his kids doesn't go. I don't get to re-sell my tickets, p1ssing me off a bit. A loss of potential sales of matchday extras. All pretty sh1t, tbh, when it really ought not to be difficlut to change the way the software works so that the exchange kicks in in EACH area, when THAT area sells out.

Basic.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I spoke to someone earlier this week who said exactly that. I said he must be mistaken so looked and literally there wasn't a group of 4 available anywhere but yet on Saturday I am sure I will be looking at an open block in the South Stand.

The club are making a right pigs ear of selling the available tickets by releasing seats too late on. He also begrudged paying £40 odd as well which at that time was the cheapest seat available.

It is clear the club are marketing tickets sales better than ever but are being let down by this ridiculous policy (which they deny) of not having all seats available until close to the match. Totally ridiculous.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'm getting so hacked off with this. While it doesn't affect me directly as a season ticket holder, there have been two recent occasions when I've been buying extra tickets for friends/family and ended up getting either poor locations or seats not sitting next to each other, only to discover subsequently that I could have bought much better seats and seats in blocks which weren't showing when I booked.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

So if I ring the ticket office and ask them they'll happily sell me a ticket which isn't showing as available on the site?

Reason I ask is I want some tickets for my family for the Blackburn game which lets face is going to be less of a pull than Forest. Tickets that are available at the moment are in crappy parts of the ground.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
So if I ring the ticket office and ask them they'll happily sell me a ticket which isn't showing as available on the site?

Reason I ask is I want some tickets for my family for the Blackburn game which lets face is going to be less of a pull than Forest. Tickets that are available at the moment are in crappy parts of the ground.

Yes i rung up said i have a group of people wanting to come to the game but i don't want to move my ST from N1D. There was no tickets showing at the time but they out the blue found a row of 5 in the block row behind me. I asked why not available on line but no one had an answer. They then hit you with the booking fee for picking up the phone which is a bit of a joke as there is no reason not to show these tickets online.
In essence ring up and tell them where you want and i bet they can find some tickets

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Yes i rung up said i have a group of people wanting to come to the game but i don't want to move my ST from N1D. There was no tickets showing at the time but they out the blue found a row of 5 in the block row behind me. I asked why not available on line but no one had an answer. They then hit you with the booking fee for picking up the phone which is a bit of a joke as there is no reason not to show these tickets online.
In essence ring up and tell them where you want and i bet they can find some tickets

Kind of negates the whole point of having an online booking system, if you have to sit in a phone queue and then pay an extra fee for the privilege in order to get round the deficiencies of the online system. Bonkers.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Kind of negates the whole point of having an online booking system, if you have to sit in a phone queue and then pay an extra fee for the privilege in order to get round the deficiencies of the online system. Bonkers.

It is crazy. Costs more, wastes time and all because the software is rubbish in all accounts. It would be so much easier if they sorted it out for all fans concerned. I only ring because i know the online system is flawed.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Cheers! What a bonkers situation.

I'm sure I read somewhere the club shop in town was closing down. Has this happened? If not can you buy tickets from there?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That does seem to be the case. Please give it a go and report back.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Cheers! What a bonkers situation.

I'm sure I read somewhere the club shop in town was closing down. Has this happened? If not can you buy tickets from there?

I believe the shop is there but the only place you can buy from in person is at the AMEX shop.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tickets that are available at the moment are in crappy parts of the ground.

Some people are just spoiled. Are these seats worse than the ones at Withdean or Priestfield?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Surely a good point to raise on Ask the Club, maybe they haven't looked at it this way, wouldn't suprise me, they do seem to go off half cocked on a numnber of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here