Jul 5, 2003
Hoskins
CMS
Bridcutt
Orlandi
Ulloa
Augustein

That's half the 1st team squad!

I can never remember this number of long-term injuries. Back in the 60s it seemed like we hardly ever had any injuries, except maybe Bobby Smith (and that was probably more due to his lifestyle, weight and drinking).

What is it with players today? Why are they more injury prone?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do modern day footballers train harder and longer than in the past? This would certainly cause an increase in stress fractures.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Martin Hinshlewood had a similar nightmare with something like 12 players out injured a few seasons back.
Got the sack becuase we couldn't win a game - can't think why that might have been!

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Coincidence?

Some people say there is no such thing.

Since we have employed the German Doctor our ability to get players fit after injury has been appalling. The club additionally slow to update on when players are likely to be back.

With the current list, any delay or set back could see us hit the New Year with the added possible loss of Ashley Barnes as he would be in the last 6 months of contract and free to talk to anyone, there having been no update on his contract extension.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yes 2 years ago against Saints we had loads out plus we were on an awful run of form and ended up winning 3-0
Which will be tomorrow's score with a Barnes hat trick

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes 2 years ago against Saints we had loads out plus we were on an awful run of form and ended up winning 3-0
Which will be tomorrow's score with a Barnes hat trick

Funny enough, I was only thinking about that scenario today. Went to the Saints game with zero expectation and came away exuberant. Gus was forced to blood youngsters and non-regulars and the rest is history.
Have a similar level of expectation tomorrow. Forest look pretty strong. But I've got a sneaky feel for 2-2, against the odds.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Murray had gone by then

Yep and this was the line up

LINEUP, BOOKINGS (4) & SUBSTITUTIONS (5)
Brighton
01 Brezovan
03 Greer Dismissed
06 El-Abd
27 Taricco (Hall - 54' )
28 Cook
10 Sparrow Booked
25 LuaLua (Harley - 85' )
26 Bridcutt
30 Buckley
12 Mackail-Smith
35 Forster-Caskey