Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt and Orlandi

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Both look set for November returns. Will be a welcome sight and should give the midfield the required balance we currently are missing.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
November! I didn't realise it would be that long. It gets worse.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I was hoping OG might brighten the mood by surprising us with a fully fit Bridcutt on the bench tomorrow.
That two of our best players wont be back until some point in the month of November is all negative stuff when many were thinking they would be back soon and christ we could do with them.
It's been said before I know but the club needs to be a bit more up front with news of the medium term injury list.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think we've missed Orlandi more than Bridcutt

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Well Bridcutt should e training next week. If we are lucky could be on the bench against Watford. The international break means Bridcutt could be back in 2-3 ganes time. Sorry brightest this thread will get.
As others have said Orlandi is a massive miss maybe even more so. Won t be training before November. Looks set for a mid November return so lets be honest with our record thats December. Him and Ulloa back around the same time. :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right up until the moment Bridcutt is properly back.

If everything still clicks around him (the team don't seem to have moved on in his absence) we'll realise:-

- Just how young/raw is Ince.
- How good is Andrews.
- But what a talent LB has become.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I was hoping OG might brighten the mood by surprising us with a fully fit Bridcutt on the bench tomorrow.
That two of our best players wont be back until some point in the month of November is all negative stuff when many were thinking they would be back soon and christ we could do with them.
It's been said before I know but the club needs to be a bit more up front with news of the medium term injury list.

Typical. Just 10 measly minutes later and my post is confirmed as claptrap
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albions-injury-latest-1094138.aspx

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding

I agreed with you up until Tuesday night.

Bridcutts absence was so apparent agaisnt Wednesday, Andrews literally played so deep and set absolutly no tempo. He wasn't able to collect the ball from GG/MU because he was playing alongside them, hence them resorting to aimless long balls so often.
People who have ciritcised/noticed the ball being played long more often under Oscar would do well to realise just what a difference Bridcutt makes.
I think Andrews is a decent player, but has performed better agaisnt sides like Reading/QPR who have come onto us, when his defensive qualities have been able to shine. He is not as tempo setter/ball player though.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The surprise there is that Bridcutt picked up another injury which pushed back his comeback date (or aggravated an old injury) and Hoskins not back till the spring!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I can't decide. I guess we have better players filling in for Bridders than Orlandi, as Spanish Daves form has just not been there. BUT despite liking Ince, and Andrews, the reality is that we don't have the same comfort passing it out from the back without Bridders.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having a fit Bridders available will be like having a big new signing. Not only is he badly needed as the pivot in our midfield he also provides assurance in front of the defence. I'm looking forward to seeing him alongside Andrews and Ince with Orlandi. I can see him releasing Andrews to play a more free role rather than having to sit deeper in Bridcutt's absence.

If we can get Ulloa and CMS available too it will seem like Xmas has arrived early and give everyone a huge lift.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
neither are prolific goal scorers, their return will do little to improve our results

I trust that comment is firmly tongue in cheek.........

phazza

Aug 17, 2012

we miss both these players. for me they are 'our class players'. i personally think we miss Bridcutt more. when you have such a good, reiable midfielder it breads confidence in the flair players. i dont think flair players deal with responsibility well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here