Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistically, do you think OG will be given the green light to bring in......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
A quality prem striker on loan?

And if you think he will be, are we looking at Obika from spurs or will it be a bigger name than that?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Quality prem strikers" are likely to be playing their quality football in the prem.

A striker though? Yes.

Mar 9, 2013
I must admit I am a little tired about hearing "it needs to be the right player. Someone who brings something different". We have no options at the moment. Any striker would bring something different at the moment as we only have one. We can't wait. Barnes injured / red card on Sat - what then?

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
It'll be interesting to see OG bring in any of his own choice.. Maybe January will see some OG team building for next season;-)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt Warren Aspinall confirm that it was Obika we were after but he was injured so I would expect somebody of similar standing but cant think of who. What a smack in the eye it would be for Arry if it turned out to be Adebayor on 93 days loan but highly unlikely, although PB may have the ear of David Levy, we can only hope and dream.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Any quality striker currently scoring goals will either be playing or on the bench and will not be arriving here on loan.

A striker will arrive. The best we can expect is a team player who works hard up front and brings others into the action. Any sort of goal tally from him will be a bonus.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Maybe - but then we don't seem to do the most obvious things at the moment, we didn't bother bringing in cover during Ulloa's recent suspension so I don't think it is nailed on. Oscar merely shuffled Buckley and KLL playing off Barnes, which was worth trying but wasn't very successful and messed up our balance.

However Ulloa looks like he'll be out for sometime, leaving us woefully short of striking options, so hopefully action will be taken this time. Who knows maybe something is being sorted right now? Otherwise we won't have much in the way of experienced striking options on the bench.

What worries me is Barnes picking up a suspension in the meantime. Ashley needs to keep a cool head.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not sure we will. He's sidestepped the question in pre/post match interviews recently. Might be a case of wanting to but the suits say No!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
There are some quality players going spare though, in the prem. Mata, although not a striker, could do a job...:p

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Didnt Warren Aspinall confirm that it was Obika we were after but he was injured so I would expect somebody of similar standing but cant think of who. What a smack in the eye it would be for Arry if it turned out to be Adebayor on 93 days loan but highly unlikely, although PB may have the ear of David Levy, we can only hope and dream.

more likely he would need Levys wallet

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
David Luiz the benchwarmer could play a full 90 for us, if he's up for the challenge.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It'll be interesting to see OG bring in any of his own choice.. Maybe January will see some OG team building for next season;-)

What makes you think that he will ever have this.

It works at other clubs like this......manager wants a forward....tells the director of football what type of player he wants.....director of football listens and gets what he can , not necessarily what the manager wants!

Burke choses and gets the players. Simples.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Well the way things are going we might end up playing El Abd up front, after all he played that position at school....:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here