Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Will someone acknowledge me?"

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
2013-09-05-maron.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I won't point out the obvious irony but instead will just wish you luck with your A levels.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Go away and leave me alone.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
twitter is shite
and face book even worse:sick:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
twitter is shite
and face book even worse:sick:

Never used twitter. Facebook - I think it depends on your friends. Most people use it to post drivel but I do like being able to share photos, organise events and some of the links that my friends post are quite interesting.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is an interested presentation about social media and digital communication.

Once of the points she makes it that with digital communication we have the opportunity to turn off or pause a conversation. This is leading us to struggle in face to face conversation where we cannot do this.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its very true. Many of us are from the last generation that grew up and entered adulthood without all these trappings of instant communication and 24hr electronic entertainment, of mobile phones, internet (let alone wireless internet), email, and all the things that come with it. I genuinely hate so much of it now, as I can never get away, and I found myself constantly drawn in to meaningless rubbish. I wish I could turn it all off but my curiosity and weak-will always pulls me back in. Its amazing that some of my happiest days are when there is no wireless connection, no phone signal and I can freely interact with the world and with my own mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here