Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily (Hate) Mail - RIP?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The UK would be a much better place without The Daily Mail.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The UK would be a much better place without The Daily Mail.

I suppose thats one way a spineless weasal dodges calling for it to be banned because of its political views. I would quite like all the hard left abuse thats hurled about at people to be dealt with, that aint going to happen either. Life just aint fare is it?

You realise that all this DailyMailing is beginning to backfire? People dont see an organ of hate, they see a load of butthurt leftwing whiners up to no good.

Seriously, this isnt going to end well for the political left.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
You realise that all this DailyMailing is beginning to backfire? People dont see an organ of hate, they see a load of butthurt leftwing whiners up to no good.

Alternatively, the Daily Mail's actions have garnered sympathy for Miliband that will strengthen his chances

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
for sure DM's article was a bit shallow, but why is it always the liberal or leftie fringes who cry fowl. It seems anyone who says anything other than what they agree with they start having childish attitudes ranting and raving.

What about all the lefties who thought it was acceptable to spout vile comments when Thatcher died? That was all fair game was it?

If you live by the sword then be prepared to get the odd stab back ! And no by the way I'm not a mail reader, nor a Tory, just someone who thinks that if you want to have an opinion you have to accept that others will have one opposing to yours

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see this story making much difference to anything. Anyone who buys the Mail won't be a supporter of Ed. Besides, what is the alternative - the Express?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I suppose thats one way a spineless weasal dodges calling for it to be banned because of its political views. I would quite like all the hard left abuse thats hurled about at people to be dealt with, that aint going to happen either. Life just aint fare is it?

Ha ha, the Daily Mail is some how a serious political paper! Don't make me laugh. The only serious thing about the Daily Mail is the amount of paper and ink required to print the sh*t rag! What people see is a paper that they can't trust because all it wants to do is throw sh*t about, because that's all it has in abundance is sh*t. A culture of sh*t reporting, sh*t research, sh*t for brains columnists, and about as much positivity as a dying rat drowning in a load of sh*t in the bottom of a sewer.

The right, left and centre is rightly appalled at them. The right, because they are associated with the paper and desparately trying to distance themselves from it, the centre because of the extreme views of it, and the left - well that's obvious. Probably the only person happy with the Mail is Nigel Farage, and that says all you need to know!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What the BBC? The original article was a stroke of genius though. Yea it was to a large part a load of belicose rubbish, but the Dailymailians are awrae there is a large section of the population who think Labour hate the concept of Britain generaly and the English specificly, it taps into that big time.

what utter tosh!
you and the DM make perfect bedfellows

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm a leftie and I would be genuinely aggrieved to see right wing publications closed down, especially over this bobbins. I can't think of a worse scenario than seeing every publication except ones I agree with being obliterated. Basically to adopt that attitude would firmly align you with The Mail and it's ridiculous stance on the world.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm a leftie and I would be genuinely aggrieved to see right wing publications closed down, especially over this bobbins. I can't think of a worse scenario than seeing every publication except ones I agree with being obliterated. Basically to adopt that attitude would firmly align you with The Mail and it's ridiculous stance on the world.

It's got nothing to do with it's political leaning as you and looney and trying to suggest. It's down to utter ridiculously crap fear and scaremongering irresponsible reporting it should be scrapped for. I'll buy the Telegraph some weekends, and others the Guardian. It's the way I roll. I like to dabble with the leanings.

The Mail doesn't lean, it's just a genuine piece of crap!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ha ha, the Daily Mail is some how a serious political paper! Don't make me laugh. The only serious thing about the Daily Mail is the amount of paper and ink required to print the sh*t rag! What people see is a paper that they can't trust because all it wants to do is throw sh*t about, because that's all it has in abundance is sh*t. A culture of sh*t reporting, sh*t research, sh*t for brains columnists, and about as much positivity as a dying rat drowning in a load of sh*t in the bottom of a sewer.

The right, left and centre is rightly appalled at them. The right, because they are associated with the paper and desparately trying to distance themselves from it, the centre because of the extreme views of it, and the left - well that's obvious. Probably the only person happy with the Mail is Nigel Farage, and that says all you need to know!

son you are not clever enough to put words in my mouth. I didn't say it was a serious paper, its a tabloid with delusional aspirations. And no its generally the left Grauniad/bbc axis that gets worked up by the Mail, most people are more put of by the antics of the left.

I was in a newsagents this morning and witnessed 3 people happily buying it. They didnt ask for it from under the counter or in a brown paper bag, i prob saw 3 because they sell so many. Maybe thats what grates? That nobody buys the grauniad?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Mail doesn't consider itself left, right or centre. It thinks it is way above all that. It has a god complex. It's dangerous.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
what utter tosh!
you and the DM make perfect bedfellows

I am an animal, ill read anything! I want as much info as possible so its easy to run rings around ill informed people, usually leftwingers. Its funny because although rightwingers are ill informed they seem more aware of it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Mail doesn't consider itself left, right or centre. It thinks it is way above all that. It has a god complex. It's dangerous.

So ban it yes? what about its readers? Of to re-education camps? What if they are to stupid? Maybe euthanasia?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's got nothing to do with it's political leaning as you and looney and trying to suggest. It's down to utter ridiculously crap fear and scaremongering irresponsible reporting it should be scrapped for. I'll buy the Telegraph some weekends, and others the Guardian. It's the way I roll. I like to dabble with the leanings.

The Mail doesn't lean, it's just a genuine piece of crap!

I agree with you. It's crap. However, it is produced and distributed and people want to buy it, read it and if so desired buy into it's abhorant rhetoric. To see it's demise come about based on the crap it produces alone I do not stand by. If it's demise came about purely because people decided not to buy it then I'd stand by that wholesale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here