Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you report a car causing obstruction?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
As you're coming out of Brighton there are often cars parked on the left as you approach the Q8 roundabout. It causes a traffic queue all the way back the London Road.

There is one these today.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is it illegally parked?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As you're coming out of Brighton there are often cars parked on the left as you approach the Q8 roundabout. It causes a traffic queue all the way back the London Road.

There is one these today.
[yt]rSWhWdwS0u0[/yt]

Are these cars parked up all day, by folk who are travelling the last leg of their journey into work by bus? This has been a fairly common thing for some years. Maybe the numbers are now increasing?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Are these cars parked up all day, by folk who are travelling the last leg of their journey into work by bus? This has been a fairly common thing for some years. Maybe the numbers are now increasing?

Yes or they meet here for car-shares.

Getting ridiculous now every morning.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
report it to the Washington DC police dept
they will come along and get rid of it

and the driver

D

Deleted member 22389

If there is one thing I can't stand now, and that is the amount of cars and these american style pick ups that park up on curbs and pavements, just because people are too lazy to park down the road and walk, yes WALK less than 2 minutes to get their sandwich of their fish and chips. What is the deal with these American style pick ups on our roads anyway, I'm sorry if anyone owns one here, but I think they just look stupid on our tidly little roads. Not enough space as it is.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Presume you mean the cars parked up on northbound side of A23 just before roundabout with Mill Road? I ask as its a BP garage not Q8 (think was Q8 in past).

Don't appear to be any parking restrictions (apart from a few solid white lines where traffic islands are) so not sure what you think these people have done wrong? I guess ultimately Council will place yellow lines there, but for now if its the section I think you are referring to, you are focussing on the wrong target!

Yes or they meet here for car-shares.

Getting ridiculous now every morning.
I remember, years ago, when Hove and Brighton were separate administrations, a senior Brighton councillor getting into terrible trouble when she said "I've always thought of Hove as being nothing more than a park and ride site for Brighton".

Patcham seems to be going the same way.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I remember, years ago, when Hove and Brighton were separate administrations, a senior Brighton councillor getting into terrible trouble when she said "I've always thought of Hove as being nothing more than a park and ride site for Brighton".

Patcham seems to be going the same way.

To be fair Labour did try and turn Patcham into a large P&R site but failed ( thankfully ). It appears to have become one naturally now.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Presume you mean the cars parked up on northbound side of A23 just before roundabout with Mill Road? I ask as its a BP garage not Q8 (think was Q8 in past).

Don't appear to be any parking restrictions (apart from a few solid white lines where traffic islands are) so not sure what you think these people have done wrong? I guess ultimately Council will place yellow lines there, but for now if its the section I think you are referring to, you are focussing on the wrong target!

It is the section I am referring to.

However I am not talking about cars parked there sensibly, I'm talking about cars parked so close to the roundabout that the approach to said roundabout is no longer two lanes as the inside lane is blocked.

This is causing tail-backs most mornings to the Peace Gardens.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If there is one thing I can't stand now, and that is the amount of cars and these american style pick ups that park up on curbs and pavements, just because people are too lazy to park down the road and walk, yes WALK less than 2 minutes to get their sandwich of their fish and chips. What is the deal with these American style pick ups on our roads anyway, I'm sorry if anyone owns one here, but I think they just look stupid on our tidly little roads. Not enough space as it is.

You can get away with almost anything in Brighton just so long as you show a Brighton parking Permit....ie hazard lights. As for the size of the big pickups it always makes me laugh as quite often the " Pick Up " part is a, ridiculously small and b, usually never contains anything other than dead leaves and McDonalds packaging.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
What pisses me right off is blue badge holders causing obstructions and endangering other people by parking on double yellows right next to junctions etc.

I appreciate blue badge holders may need to park on double yellows from time to time, but an awful lot of them don't seem to apply any common sense when doing so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here