Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm all in for the 2013-14 season

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anybody with me?

I love Oscar, and our new style of play.
I certainly believe in it, and I believe in our squad.

Just in case our current injuries are the last, and from Christmas onwards we turn into The Victorious Juggernaut of Success, I want a handy cut out and keep thread that I can use to mock the Moaning Maureens and Dour Douglas', that current inhabit NSC.

Only reply if you think we with triumph and will be Premier League bound in May.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yup I agree. So much negativity but we really haven't started that badly with all the injuries we've had. 3-4-3 league record, alright it's not great but I feel the same as you, I've avoided most threads on here the last few days due to some of the lunatics on here that spout utter nonsense. I'm not expecting top 6 this year due to injuries and new philosophy, but I'd be happy with another solid championship season, people forget where we've come from and some of the budgets we're competing with.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm with you. Maybe not as far as to say promotion, but get all our injured players back and we'll have one of the strongest teams in the division.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Feels gloomy at the moment but I think it's going to get a lot better. Definitely haven't ruled out the playoffs just yet.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm in but I reserve the right to slag off all our players, management team, Barber, FFP, pies, queues and ballboys on any occasion we even so much as only draw a match.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm fully behind Oscar and the team but I'm not going to smile about being served up a shit sandwich and at the moment things are a little bit pooey.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm fully behind Oscar and the team but I'm not going to smile about being served up a shit sandwich and at the moment things are a little bit pooey.

We've only lost 3 out of 11 games, really not THAT bad is it... Me thinks certain people were spoilt by our 4'th place last year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've only lost 3 out of 11 games, really not THAT bad is it... Me thinks certain people were spoilt by our 4'th place last year.
As said about those fans booing the final whistle at Old Trafford:-

'They haven't built a violin small enough to play that tune'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm with you SB....

"My, my, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one's late! I bet when it blooms, it will be most beautiful of all"

Fa Zhou, Mulan

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just out of interest, how would you describe this new style of play?
Based on the quality foundations we became accustom under by Gus, but quicker and more attack minded.

Or at least it would be if the players that can play were fit enough to play.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Based on the quality foundations we became accustom under by Gus, but quicker and more attack minded.

Or at least it would be if the players that can play were fit enough to play.

I'm 100% behind OG, I have no reason not to be.

But not sure I can agree with that description. I agree we're not pinging it around the back 4/5 as much but I'd say we've taken to a much more direct long ball game and I'm finding it difficult to understand what seems to be like a much freer role (polite) given to many of the players. I'm not sure it's an injury issue, perhaps taking a bit of time to get his ideas across. Either that or I've been going to the wrong place!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm 100% behind OG, I have no reason not to be.

But not sure I can agree with that description. I agree we're not pinging it around the back 4/5 as much but I'd say we've taken to a much more direct long ball game and I'm finding it difficult to understand what seems to be like a much freer role (polite) given to many of the players. I'm not sure it's an injury issue, perhaps taking a bit of time to get his ideas across. Either that or I've been going to the wrong place!!
Anything would look long ball when compared with what we'd become used to.
Kicking the ball 4 foot could be considered 'long ball'. :lol:

Either you're with me or you're Maureen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope I am not even gonna think about next season yet, I'm going to try and enjoy this one. Be it a relegation scrap, a mid table win some lose some season, or a late run for the playoffs.

Next season? Have you given up on this one then???

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope I am not even gonna think about next season yet, I'm going to try and enjoy this one. Be it a relegation scrap, a mid table win some lose some season, or a late run for the playoffs.

Next season? Have you given up on this one then???
In it to win it Maureen, there's no room for you and your kind here.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

This is exactly it and two of the defeats were in the first two games. We need to battle, get results and hope we are above halfway come the New Year. I regret it is not going to be 'pretty' but hopefully we can challenge and be up for it in those important last dozen games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In it to win it Maureen, there's no room for you and your kind here.

Sorry I've just realised I misread your post, I thought you were thinking about NEXT season, hence my response :rolleyes:

So I'm more than happy to added a positive spin for this season...think Reading two years ago

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As Oscar has said he's still seeing which players can play in which positions, a situation partially dictated by our injury list. He's also finding out about life in the Championship, something for which his previous experience will not have prepared him! I reckon we'll bump along inconsistently until December at which point a number of key players should be back and that, allied to a couple of judicious acquisitions in the January window should see us spurt up the table.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here