Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best of 1980s big hair music

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Prompted by a birthday-related theme going on on Facebook at the moment. And the fact that I'm bored.

Let's have your 1980s power-grabbing, massive haired classics please.

Here you go to start with:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I imagine Ms Fox had a few fans amongst posters on here. Not so much these days, probably.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith

I saw Limahl play at our student union in around 1998, just as the whole 80s nostalgia thing was beginning to gather pace. He walked on stage in an orange boiler suit (filling it out quite dramatically), opened with Too Shy, then Never Ending Story, then proceeded to play a range of other bands' '80s hits (Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran etc), correctly surmising that nobody would know any other Limahl/Kajagoogoo songs.

Returning for an unrequested encore, he sang Too Shy again, then walked off to his dressing room to a tiny smattering of applause, and as he walked through the door I saw him remove his trademark spiky mullet to reveal a short back and sides.

I'm still livid about it to this day. I want my three quid back.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
You bought tickets to see Limahl. You are in not in a position to demand anything.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You're all starting to show your age.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd never heard of them until I moved over here. They're all over the classic rock stations like a nasty rash and you get fed up listening to the same old tripe played all the time. They keep playing Benny and the Jets by Elton John. What a s**t song.

To be fair, Platinum Blonde were a Q107 staple so, thankfully, I wasn't subjected to them-the original (pre '86) CFNY 102.1 wouldn't play stuff like that. Not even to meet their Canadian Content requirements. Included on this thread for hair reasons only :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here