Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Calm and Carry On

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am astounded and astonished at some of the negativity on this board at the moment. I had to re-look at the league table and I can still see we're a mere 6 points from the Play-Offs in the Championship. A situation we would have chopped our right arms off for just 3 or 4 short years ago.

We've played well, averagely and poorly this season, which can be expected during times of transition such as this. Despite this transitional period we are still picking up points at a healthy rate and I know that things will get better which gives me huge confidence for the future, both this season and into the longer term.

Oscar is doing a super job, on limited resources and we need to rally behind him and keep calm and carry on, knowing that we are doing things the right way and confident it will lead us to more glory going forwards.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
keep-calm-and-do-a-poo-23.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah yeah but onto more limportant things, who is Nottingham Forest's most famous supporter this year?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like Oscar and I am fully behind him, but I don't think you can say he is doing "a super job". He's just about scraping ok in my opinion, although I'd give him a couple of seasons at least.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Oscar Is going to get my backing. Unfortunatly It looks like we don't appear to be wanting to aspire to anything this year. Sure sticking within FFP all all good but at the end of the day. I have said this once and I have said It lots of times. We ARE the most expensive club outside the Prem. How is It we can't afford anyone

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Oh good another thread telling us how good we've got it at the moment, next one of the mods telling us we should be happy we're not playing at Withdean or Gillingham anymore and that we should be grateful for everything the club has done for us :yawn:

When we're languishing in League One next year in a half empty stadium, paying through the nose to watch AFC Wimbledon, will you still be part of the happy clappers brigade?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Oh good another thread telling us how good we've got it at the moment, next one of the mods telling us we should be happy we're not playing at Withdean or Gillingham anymore and that we should be grateful for everything the club has done for us :yawn:

When we're languishing in League One next year in a half empty stadium, paying through the nose to watch AFC Wimbledon, will you still be part of the happy clappers brigade?

Baloney.

We're currently going through the transition and we sit comfortably in mid-table, when things start to clock we're only going to get better so how on earth do you think we'll end up getting relegated??

I am so confident I bet you a pound we're not in League One next season, what say you??

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oscar Is going to get my backing. Unfortunatly It looks like we don't appear to be wanting to aspire to anything this year. Sure sticking within FFP all all good but at the end of the day. I have said this once and I have said It lots of times. We ARE the most expensive club outside the Prem. How is It we can't afford anyone

Because most of the others are cheating, hence why Barber is so keen to see the football league enforce FFP.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

On the positive side, the train home will be a lot easier, pint at half time, good chance of a pie.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How gutted are we going to be when Forest, Leicester, Watford etc receive no punishment from the FA for flouting the FFP guidelines.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How gutted are we going to be when Forest, Leicester, Watford etc receive no punishment from the FA for flouting the FFP guidelines.

We'll have to wait and see won't we. Personally I'd rather it happens this way round than we end up doing our boll**** on players, not getting up & then being punished accordingly.

The truth is no-one knows how this will go

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We're currently going through the transition and we sit comfortably in mid-table, when things start to clock we're only going to get better so how on earth do you think we'll end up getting relegated??

I remember a few people saying that in the 1991/92 season and we had more points at the same point then at this point of the season as we do now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Judging by some of the utter crap on here today I think this needs to be bounced.

Now more than ever the club needs our support and for us to get behind them, better times lie ahead but we need patience and a little luck.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
We'll be fine when we get a decent fit striker in... I think Oscar has also realised Lopez is piss poor too lately.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
We'll be fine when we get a decent fit striker in... I think Oscar has also realised Lopez is piss poor too lately.

I don't think that's fair on Dave. He's not a piss poor player by any means. He's just playing piss poorly.

As for the thread and sentiments within. I agree. We're far from crisis point right now despite what the general mood on the board might tell us; A season of transition is inevitable and what I fully expected. Some of the fans should perhaps lower their expectations. It would stop them having coronaries when we fail to win every game at the very least and might aid in their enjoyment of the football as a plesant side effect. :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here