Amir Khan vs Floyd Mayweather

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The biggest mis-match in boxing since Hatton v Mayweather.

Anyone who shells out money to see this is a mug.

Bigger than Mayweather vs Canelo, mayweather vs Guerrero mayweather vs Ortiz mayweather vs Marquez.

Every single mayweather fight bar cotto and the 2nd round against Moseley has been far more one sided than the Hatton fight. Ricky despite being well beaten was able to win a few early rounds and remained competitive until the 6th. The matches I've listed above have been completely one sides in Mayweather's favour.

I think Mayweather beats Khan but in terms of styles I think Khan has a style which will give Mayweather food for thought. His hand speed is phenomenal and if he can throw 200 punches per round for 12 he might just have a chance. Mayweather isn't a huge knockout artists so Khan's vulnerability against big punchers won't necessarily be exposed here.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The biggest mis-match in boxing since Hatton v Mayweather.

Anyone who shells out money to see this is a mug.

Was Hatton Vs Mayweather a miss match? I was lucky enough to be at the MGM and saw Hatton rock his opponent early on, then witnessed some very questionable refereeing by Joe Cortez before the contest ended. At the time that Hatton went down I didn't have him that far behind, as much as he's been maligned over the years with a different trainer, Billy Graham was with the pixies by then,and correct preparation and a ref letting him fight his style of fight he could have won IMHO

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
My mate paid 15 quid on for Khan's Box Office debut, nipped to the toilet just as it was about to start and when he came back Khan had been knocked out :lolol:

I wonder if he'll do the same again

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was Hatton Vs Mayweather a miss match? I was lucky enough to be at the MGM and saw Hatton rock his opponent early on, then witnessed some very questionable refereeing by Joe Cortez before the contest ended. At the time that Hatton went down I didn't have him that far behind, as much as he's been maligned over the years with a different trainer, Billy Graham was with the pixies by then,and correct preparation and a ref letting him fight his style of fight he could have won IMHO

I wasn't that drunk that night but I remember Hatton getting only one punch in in the 1st round. Mayweather took a step back but it's an exaggeration to say he was rocked. He then battered Hatton for the next few rounds before putting him on his arse.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I wasn't that drunk that night but I remember Hatton getting only one punch in in the 1st round. Mayweather took a step back but it's an exaggeration to say he was rocked. He then battered Hatton for the next few rounds before putting him on his arse.

I was fairly fuelled up that night so to stop the old mind playing tricks with me, I watched it on DVD when I returned home to the UK. If you've got time do it, and then judge it, sober, on the usual scoring of 10-9 or 8 in the case of a knockdown, you will be surprised. Joe Cortez the ref was a huge factor that night.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was fairly fuelled up that night so to stop the old mind playing tricks with me, I watched it on DVD when I returned home to the UK. If you've got time do it, and then judge it, sober, on the usual scoring of 10-9 or 8 in the case of a knockdown, you will be surprised. Joe Cortez the ref was a huge factor that night.

I'll admit that I haven't watched it back. However, how would it have made a difference if the judges had scored 10-9 in favour of Hatton every round?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bigger than Mayweather vs Canelo, mayweather vs Guerrero mayweather vs Ortiz mayweather vs Marquez.

Every single mayweather fight bar cotto and the 2nd round against Moseley has been far more one sided than the Hatton fight. Ricky despite being well beaten was able to win a few early rounds and remained competitive until the 6th. The matches I've listed above have been completely one sides in Mayweather's favour.

I think Mayweather beats Khan but in terms of styles I think Khan has a style which will give Mayweather food for thought. His hand speed is phenomenal and if he can throw 200 punches per round for 12 he might just have a chance. Mayweather isn't a huge knockout artists so Khan's vulnerability against big punchers won't necessarily be exposed here.

Mayweather is as quick and wouldn't give khan the target regardless of if he got off 300 shots.

If khan had a chin then you could make a bit of a case for it .

Khan doesn't deserve a shot anyway , not until he has avenged the Garcia loss or at least beats someone like Alexander.

My prediction would be khan stopped rd 4

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'll admit that I haven't watched it back. However, how would it have made a difference if the judges had scored 10-9 in favour of Hatton every round?

It wouldnt but I was picking up on the point on here that it was a mismatch, it wasnt, as I said, and Im looking forward to Hatton's take on it all when his book comes out later this month, he surrounded himself with all the wrong people, one of them possibly being his own Dad, and his preparation could have been so much better.

As they say if is half of life, but in years to come I wonder if Hatton will look back and think what might have been?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It wouldnt but I was picking up on the point on here that it was a mismatch, it wasnt, as I said, and Im looking forward to Hatton's take on it all when his book comes out later this month, he surrounded himself with all the wrong people, one of them possibly being his own Dad, and his preparation could have been so much better.

As they say if is half of life, but in years to come I wonder if Hatton will look back and think what might have been?

Hatton was built up by Frank Warren using hand picked opponents at the right time like when he fought Tzsu, Mickey Duff was the past master at this. When Hatton stepped up into legitimate World Class he ended up flat on his back , of course if he had lived the lifestyle and trained properly, not been a right drunk and allowed his weight to balloon between fights then who knows ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here