Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I miss Poyet...

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Sorry but I do!
I know we need to give Oscar time, I know that he doesn't big himself up, I know that Poyet was a self serving, untrustworthy, disloyal, self centred tosser...
But I miss his presence.
I think he seemed to fit our style... A bit cool, a bit different, a bit trendy, a bit edgy and generally 'above his station'. Just like The Albion in fact!
Does anyone feel the same?
(I feel quite ashamed about this so don't give me a hard time!)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I missed Poyet based on last nights performance

I missed Hinshelwood based on the Ipswich performance.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I agree - except with the self serving, untrustworthy, disloyal, self centred tosser bit. At one point he was one of the longest serving managers in the country, I think he just had a huge problem with the power shift to Barber.

He was a great personality and will be missed for that reason alone , but more importantly a phenomenal manager - we will be lucky to ever have a manager with his ability again, even if we make the Premier League.

Very true, his latino machismo couldn't handle losing the power he once wielded

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Did we not have this already? A no from me. In time i believe Oscar will prove to be the better manager

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Poyet's gone....Oscar's here.

Can't live in the past....what were your thoughts subsequent to the play-off loss and interview?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Did we not have this already? A no from me. In time i believe Oscar will prove to be the better manager

Agree with this. Oscar needs time to get things working his way and we still need time to recover from the summer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I missed Poyet when I threw an imaginary punch towards him. The man who heated Galilieo pizzas from the window seat, the man who convinced a (former global) superstar to join our motley bunch, the man who turned us in to a stubborn team from a shrinking violet, an organisation that could sell homosexuality to Uganda. He had a chance to grasp untold lands for our little club. He could have done it, but his porkly filled press reputation made him a fat man and we couldn't feed him.

He may have not moved on, but we have. Oscar should not be judged over a handful of games.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I missed Poyet when I threw an imaginary punch towards him. The man who heated Galilieo pizzas from the window seat, the man who convinced a (former global) superstar to join our motley bunch, the man who turned us in to a stubborn team from a shrinking violet, an organisation that could sell homosexuality to Uganda.

He may have not moved on, but we have. Oscar should not be judged over a handful of games.

that was both touching and disturbing at the same time. congratulations my friend

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
I don't miss him in the slightest....I think it's rather refreshing to have a man in charge who respects me as a supporter and the team I love.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
F-uck me how do some of you cope when you're dumped by a really nice girlfriend!?

Yes, she was great, had everything, but she didn't love you back. Man up FFS and move on.

Some seriously weak minded saps on here. I loved Gus, but it's over, enough crying into your pillows already!!!

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
F-uck me how do some of you cope when you're dumped by a really nice girlfriend!?

Yes, she was great, had everything, but she didn't love you back. Man up FFS and move on.

Some seriously weak minded saps on here. I loved Gus, but it's over, enough crying into your pillows already!!!
I was thinking about this today, this reminds me of when McGee was sacked, there was so many supporters that couldn't Wilkins one bit of credit because they were so fond of McGee. There seems to a similar pattern happening to Oscar with all the Poyet supporters.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Completely understandable.

I still yearn for Brian Clough.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was appalled by his behaviour whilst gutted by losing the final game...

That was then... Now I miss him!

So you'd have back a manager (despite a great three and a half years) that disrespected the club...management and fans?

Unbelievable.....

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Sorry but I do!
I know we need to give Oscar time, I know that he doesn't big himself up, I know that Poyet was a self serving, untrustworthy, disloyal, self centred tosser...
But I miss his presence.
I think he seemed to fit our style... A bit cool, a bit different, a bit trendy, a bit edgy and generally 'above his station'. Just like The Albion in fact!
Does anyone feel the same?
(I feel quite ashamed about this so don't give me a hard time!)

Oh FFS move on will you & change the record.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here