Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Author Tom Clancy dead at 66

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
SKY:

Best-selling US author Tom Clancy, who wrote thrillers including Patriot Games, has reportedly died in hospital at the age of 66.

The New York Times said Clancy's publisher had confirmed that he died last night in Baltimore.

He penned a series of spy and military thrillers and several of his books featured CIA analyst Jack Ryan.

Clancy's works included The Hunt For Red October and Clear And Present Danger as well as Patriot Games, which were all later made into successful Hollywood films.

Harrison Ford played Ryan in Patriot Games and The Hunt For Red October while Alec Baldwin was in the role for The Hunt For Red October, alongside Sean Connery as the captain of a Soviet submarine.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The last few years he has done that thing where his name printed large on the front of a book whilst in small type beneath it says "with Bert Fegg" or whoever which means "hey, I didn't write this book, someone else did but I'll get 90% of the profit because I'm famous and can't be arsed writing anymore."

I always found his books boring anyway but, hey ho, doesn't matter what I think.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here