Whatever happened to?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Being going through some old fanzines.

Anyone know the whereabouts of.........

Simon Chamberlain

Ken Bodfish

Ian Morley

Characters who came and went, any ideas?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Ok. This is competition as to who these people were, yes?

Simon Chamberlain - Did he try to buy the club from Greg Stanley, then it was revealed he was potless and a bit weird?
Ken Bodfish - was he leader of Brighton Council and a useless git who didn't help at all during the Stanley/Bellotti years?
Ian Morley - was it he who handcuffed himself to the goal posts at the Goldstone?

Let me know how I did.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ken Bodfish - was he leader of Brighton Council and a useless git who didn't help at all during the Stanley/Bellotti years?

That's the only one I knew for sure. Being a politician he is all over social media so a quick google should answer this part of Lenny's question :thumbsup:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ok. This is competition as to who these people were, yes?

Simon Chamberlain - Did he try to buy the club from Greg Stanley, then it was revealed he was potless and a bit weird?
Ian Morley - was it he who handcuffed himself to the goal posts at the Goldstone?

No comp Grassman, just found a piece from Chamberlain in an old Gulls Eye that said he would give the Albion £100,000 a year for the rest of his life. Just wondered what happened to him?

As for Bodfish I wasnt really sure how his political career panned out and Ian Morely was very thick with Martin Perry at the time of the Falmer vote, had a column in one of the fanzines entitled "Man on the Town Hall steps", just wondered given all his apparent donkey work in the war years if he still goes to the Albion?

It was Ian Cuffs Taylor who did the quality goalpost stunt.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
I knew Simon Chamberlain quite well back in the day, both being from Haywards Heath. We were all surprised when he claimed to be the Albions saviour ,as we all knew he didnt have a pot to p*ss in ! . Last time i saw him was in the main square in Charleroi prior to the Germany game in Euro 2000. Wouldn't mind knowing myself what happened to him.

i never forget him getting ejected from Selhurst more than once on boxing day 1983 !.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Leon Trotsky?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He clearly does now. Maybe we should ask him for the backdated annual 100k?

For all his perceived wealth one would expect a better web page.

Ah ... Ken Bodfish ... a man who once asked "Is Lady Bracknell a hereditary peer?"

And a man who once instructed a fellow councillor at ESCC not to offer me a job in the Chief Executive's office.

Now a member of the South Downs National Park Authority and Chair of its Resources and Performance Committee.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think I'm right to say... Ian was a hero of the stadium campaign up to the YES YES exercise but had a high-powered job and was moved away from Sussex. He certainly followed the Albion from afar - I remember buying mushy pees with him at Bootham Crescent. A nice man.

Others on here will know more about him.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Who was that bloke that wanted to buy the club from DK about 10 years ago, mate of Steve Foster and owned a health club or two....Stephen something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here