Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

refs kit last night?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This is something that annoys me, but I just assumed I was being a pedant. I didn't realise there were other people it annoyed too.

This exact scenario has been covered in 'you are the ref'. It is the referee's responsibility to ensure his/her kit does not clash with either team's kit or either goalkeepers' kit. With the number of different shirts available to referees, there is no excuse for getting this wrong.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I seem to remember Yeldell (I think it was) being told to change his keepers shirt when we were away at Leeds a few years back because it was the same colour as the officials kit. Poor bugger had to come out for the second half in front of the Leeds end wearing a pink shirt.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I seem to remember Yeldell (I think it was) being told to change his keepers shirt when we were away at Leeds a few years back because it was the same colour as the officials kit. Poor bugger had to come out for the second half in front of the Leeds end wearing a pink shirt.

That pink shirt was a thing to behold! I still occasionally spy someone wearing that shirt at away games.

I seem to recall that we didn't have the same goalie twice for almost the entirety of that season. Did FDM get a bit over-excited and order everything from the errea catalouge?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is easily overcome go back to an old FL rule that said that keepers had to wear either Red Green or Blue tops and the yellow was reserved for home International matches. I think Peter Bonnetti started the trend in this country by wearing a back top in Euro games as he said it made him mingle in with the crowd in the background. If the two keepers wore 2 colours of the three that would still leave the ref with the third or traditional black.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here