glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the ball went out of play just before the S/W goal
discuss

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
We were sitting right on that corner. Sadly it didn't - Upson just made a complete Horlicks of shepherding it out.

Sloppy defending more like.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
We were sitting right on that corner. Sadly it didn't - Upson just made a complete Horlicks of shepherding it out.

It was not upson, it was actually ward trying to see it out. He should of really just put it out for a throw-in

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You must be quite near me, and I agree, it was close but not out.

Although the blinker boys around me would have it otherwise.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was not upson, it was actually ward trying to see it out. He should of really just put it out for a throw-in

It was Upson, it was Ward that gave the ball away that led to their guy getting the byline in the first place.

I sit in the East Stand level with the pen spot, and it looked out to me...in fact in looked more out than a corner we got toward the end of the game!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure if it was or was'nt to be honest but !

Sloppy defending , they will watch that today and hopefully learn just how bad as a collective unit they were leading up to Wednesdays goal and as a collective unit improve .

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I think the ref made a few wrong decisions over the cause of the game, Sheffield Wednesday players were diving all over the place or just going down far to easily, especially when we were on the attack.

Whether or not he made the wrong decisions, I still don't think we would have won.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think the ref made a few wrong decisions over the cause of the game, Sheffield Wednesday players were diving all over the place or just going down far to easily, especially when we were on the attack.

Whether or not he made the wrong decisions, I still don't think we would have won.

The worst one right at the end when the defender was fouled by a blade of grass which cut into his heel making him collapse in front of Buckley, Buckley goes past him, in on goal and the ref give a foul. Had he let that one, which was as clear as the handball non-penalty on Saturday we could have won.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looked like it was out at the time, but it in fact wasn't.

The referee wasn't actually that bad, played more advantage's than most ref's we have had this season and he saw through Kaz's meal of a dive.

He did however get Buckley's "foul" on Llera completely wrong though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looked like it was out at the time, but it in fact wasn't.

The referee wasn't actually that bad, played more advantage's than most ref's we have had this season and he saw through Kaz's meal of a dive.

He did however get Buckley's "foul" on Llera completely wrong though.

strage how we all see things differently..i thought he was a bit of a dick....agree re the Lua Lua dive...although i wondered why he didnt book him

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
My first thought was that it was out but who was it that let Fryatt turn in the box? criminal

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Shocking defending from Calde too. Should have spanked the ball up field but he let it bounce and then let their attacker ghost past him and cross. Not a good enough defender at this level IMO, would rather have him in midfield in place of Lopez who is not worth his shirt at the moment. I know everyone loves Calde and I can see why as he tries so hard and clearly loves the club but we concede goals due to him on a regular basis due to poor positioning and not being strong enough in shoulder to shoulder challenges.

suedy

suedygull
Aug 8, 2010
burgess hill
The worst one right at the end when the defender was fouled by a blade of grass which cut into his heel making him collapse in front of Buckley, Buckley goes past him, in on goal and the ref give a foul. Had he let that one, which was as clear as the handball non-penalty on Saturday we could have won.

You clearly didn't see Buckley pull him back then!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
They all stopped thinking the ball had gone out, by the time they woke up Fryatt was already half way through his turn.

On the ref: I heard the best bit of moaning ever last night. "That ref was crap, he didn't over rule his linesman once!"

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Definitely wasn't out! And definitely Upson at fault! Ref had a shocker though and some of the free kicks he gave against us were embarrassing. Having said that we wouldn't have won that game even if we did have a good ref. We were terrible

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Both out centre backs let the opposition strikers turn too easily. We seem to concede a lot of goals because of it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

As did Lua Lua. But didn't get booked for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here