Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An out of the ordinary EVENT in Steyning

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
The residents of Steyning have witnessed their first EVER argument and first EVEr swear word in a public street!

I was traveling down church street (from the high street) at a nice cool pace as I was planning my stop for a delivery, during this time I saw a car speeding towards me, I couldn't stop where iwas because the road is narrow along this section and she wouldn't be able to get past, so I needed to continue untill there was more space and we can pass each other nicely.

She didn't stop so we are nose to nose and neither of us can move, me even more so as I'm in a 7 1/2 tonne and with cars behind me. She shouted out her window that she isn't moving, I said fine and turned my engine off and put my feet up..

Meanwhile, there are cars behind both of us now and we are blocking the whole road up which is causing some to blow their horn ( the fun began) this them made every resident of each house, the bakery and even the DENTIST to all come out and witness this amazing occurance. She got out her car so I did too, I offered her to reverse my truck for me she refused (hmm I wonder why) . She then began taking pictures of the van and me (I posed slightly as I can use it for a Facebook profile pic) . She then got up on the Curb and drove away which I did congratulate her on this. I then proceeded about 5 metres ahead and did my delivery, they residents of steyning clapped and one even CHEERED! I came out with some funny remarks and got some laughter. I think I could be a hero of steyning after this, I think each time I go down that road I will recieve cheers, claps and free lemonade. The statue outside of steyning grammar school will be changed to one of me. Thank you people of steyning, thanks for the support.

Sorry for blocking the road up for 10 minutes by the way.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Somehow I feel that a small corner of England has lost a tad more innocence and that somewhere a fairy is sobbing wistfully to herself.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That dentist gave me my first ever filling :rant:

Russting out :angry:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
7 1/2 tonner! Wilfully shattering the bucolic tranquility of that sleepy Sussex idyll?

The world's gorn mad. :nono:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
196184_475394512476166_1728551892_n.jpg

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Stubborn and unreasonable middle aged women are one of Steyning's specialities. Congratulations on your victory, sir!
You made me nostalgic. Only two sleeps before i'm back there for the weekend. Woo hoo!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I came home tonight to a scene of complete distress. The kids were in bed, the vallium was open and the gin bottle was all but smashed in. "Oh no" I thought, "another relapse".

"What happened?" I asked.

"I was driving through Steyning minding my own business when this white van came out of nowhere. It must have been doing at least 40 and the driver was reading The Sun rather than watching the road. I tried to pull over as best I could but he got out and used terrible words at me - in front of the dentist and all" replied my wife

"What did he look like?" I asked.

"He was a smelly looking c*** with a torch and a beard. Though I got the impression it was a disguise."

Luckily the men in white coats have just carted her off and I can now enjoy NSC in peace again.

So how was your day?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The residents of Steyning have witnessed their first EVER argument and first EVEr swear word in a public street!

I was traveling down church street (from the high street) at a nice cool pace as I was planning my stop for a delivery, during this time I saw a car speeding towards me, I couldn't stop where iwas because the road is narrow along this section and she wouldn't be able to get past, so I needed to continue untill there was more space and we can pass each other nicely.

She didn't stop so we are nose to nose and neither of us can move, me even more so as I'm in a 7 1/2 tonne and with cars behind me. She shouted out her window that she isn't moving, I said fine and turned my engine off and put my feet up..

Meanwhile, there are cars behind both of us now and we are blocking the whole road up which is causing some to blow their horn ( the fun began) this them made every resident of each house, the bakery and even the DENTIST to all come out and witness this amazing occurance. She got out her car so I did too, I offered her to reverse my truck for me she refused (hmm I wonder why) . She then began taking pictures of the van and me (I posed slightly as I can use it for a Facebook profile pic) . She then got up on the Curb and drove away which I did congratulate her on this. I then proceeded about 5 metres ahead and did my delivery, they residents of steyning clapped and one even CHEERED! I came out with some funny remarks and got some laughter. I think I could be a hero of steyning after this, I think each time I go down that road I will recieve cheers, claps and free lemonade. The statue outside of steyning grammar school will be changed to one of me. Thank you people of steyning, thanks for the support.

Sorry for blocking the road up for 10 minutes by the way.

If that's the first swear word you've heard in Steyning then you've either not lived there for long or you've stayed indoors most of your life!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here