Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why must everyone constantly talk about that Uruguayan muppet!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
The guy was completely disrespectful from when we beat Palace on St Paddy's Day to the present.

Why the hell should we be saying "we miss him". Personally, I do not! Why should I miss someone, when our club gave him the career opportunity, to just throw it all away because he can't keep his mouth shut and can only work with a bottomless budget. Unprofessional.

He tapped himself up to other clubs to try and go somewhere else. Leeds, Reading and Fulham. He never dismissed them nor did he saying that he still has a job to do at Brighton when he was still here. We lost Tanno because of it and it cost Oatway his testimonial. I for one, am gutted for Charlie but not the others.

Why should we even compare these two managers!? Oscar is a great manager that actually RESPECTS the situation we are in financially. Yes we are better off than what were 5 years ago. Yes, we have financial security. So why the hell should we give Poyet what he wants when that means we are virtually breaking the bank and have a CEO that actually knows what he is doing whilst the other has a chip on his shoulder from a previous employment? Sour grapes.

Yes his football was amazing to watch. Yes we once loved him. But, turning up to our biggest game last season 15 minutes before kick off; refusing to do team-talks or training and ignoring the meeting pleas with Mr Bloom shows what he truly was. Egotistical.

He brought us joy, he brought us total football. But never cared for the club that much when the Premier League was in his sights.

Remember what he said "we have hit a roof" and then goes on to say whether or not he should go? Yet season-before-last, he was talking how he wants to stay as it is a project and wants to stay loyal like "Sir Alex Ferguson with United or Arsene Wenger with Arsenal!".

Funny old game football isn't it!?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Err, aren't you also talking about him? Maybe you should change your avatar, before criticizing others?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is, WE DO NOT KNOW what happened between Gus and Barber/The Board that made the relationship unworkable in the last 6 months of Gus's time at the club. Something had to have happened for him to suddenly go from absolutely loving a job to not caring anymore.

People will keep talking about him as long as he is recent history, as it is relevant.

This ranks right up there with classic "I don't care SO MUCH" I'm going to start another thread about the man I don't care about to let everyone know just how MUCH I don't care.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The guy was completely disrespectful from when we beat Palace on St Paddy's Day to the present.

Why the hell should we be saying "we miss him". Personally, I do not! Why should I miss someone, when our club gave him the career opportunity, to just throw it all away because he can't keep his mouth shut and can only work with a bottomless budget. Unprofessional.

He tapped himself up to other clubs to try and go somewhere else. Leeds, Reading and Fulham. He never dismissed them nor did he saying that he still has a job to do at Brighton when he was still here. We lost Tanno because of it and it cost Oatway his testimonial. I for one, am gutted for Charlie but not the others.

Why should we even compare these two managers!? Oscar is a great manager that actually RESPECTS the situation we are in financially. Yes we are better off than what were 5 years ago. Yes, we have financial security. So why the hell should we give Poyet what he wants when that means we are virtually breaking the bank and have a CEO that actually knows what he is doing whilst the other has a chip on his shoulder from a previous employment? Sour grapes.

Yes his football was amazing to watch. Yes we once loved him. But, turning up to our biggest game last season 15 minutes before kick off; refusing to do team-talks or training and ignoring the meeting pleas with Mr Bloom shows what he truly was. Egotistical.

He brought us joy, he brought us total football. But never cared for the club that much when the Premier League was in his sights.

Remember what he said "we have hit a roof" and then goes on to say whether or not he should go? Yet season-before-last, he was talking how he wants to stay as it is a project and wants to stay loyal like "Sir Alex Ferguson with United or Arsene Wenger with Arsenal!".

Bold statement to make in this early stage of his time here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thing is, WE DO NOT KNOW what happened between Gus and Barber/The Board that made the relationship unworkable in the last 6 months of Gus's time at the club. Something had to have happened for him to suddenly go from absolutely loving a job to not caring anymore.

People will keep talking about him as long as he is recent history, as it is relevant.

this
and I still don't trust anyone who was involved in that fiasco and that is anyone

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surely it's natural to compare our new manager to our old manager, especially when our old manager took us so close to the Premier League and double especially when our new manager has had a few dodgy results early doors.

It is is so irritating to talk about him over and over why have you started another thread going over the same old ground.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

:bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here