Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm not attempting to fish here, just expressing my thoughts.

For what is eesentially our 'singing section' it is generally pretty average and I understand away attendences do help to the atmosphere, but last night the North Stand was dire.

When was the last time they actually lead the stadium for a full game. it seems like most of the time they are wasting their time singing go left, go left...

Bring on the abuse, but its time for the North Stand (and the rest of the ground) to up its game, but the north has become quieter and quieter in recent times.

Last edited:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i agree i thought the atmosphere was dire last night and when the players are playing crap we need to get behind them and make a great atmosphere

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
If we could have Kirkland play every week ? The atmosphere got a lot better when he started acting like a **** oh and that Petr Cech lookalike.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Having sat in N1H for the Burnley and Millwall games the demographics seem to have changed and is becoming more gentrified at the eastern end. WSU has become mellow too and only occasionally bursts into life.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
The atmosphere in the North is fine in sections, it would help if the club would put The Judge and co in the center of the North to help orchestrate both wings. The north west last night didn't stop but for about 10 minutes in the second half when we moaned about people leaving on 76 minutes (Last night was a night for a few moans but nothing OTT)... If you look at the atmosphere of the Readings, Birmingham's etc our support is bloody terrific in comparison, either that or I need to get my ears tested. When 'Go Left' got belted out in the North west yesterday there were sections of the North East stood there watching and taking videos instead of joining in... I agree it needs to be an entire stand in unity to create a great atmosphere! But when was the last time the WEST stand sang??!! 8k capacity isn't it? It sounds like the wing of sunday league team!!

To summarise, PUT THE JUDGE AT THE CENTRE OF THE NORTH!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Munkfish. i feel there are many current factors why the atmosphere may be a little lacking at the moment, in the North stand.

Firstly. I feel everyone is still feeling a little wayward since the highs of last season, and the way Poyet left. however, and I can only speak for myself, the general impression in my area is that Oscar will be a better manager than Gus.

The team need sometimes to lift the crowd. Last night, and many other games this season have been rather tense, to put it mildly, and when people are on edge they tend to be quiet. So when a goal is cored the whole of the tension is released. A case in example was Lua Lua a couple of weeks ago waving to the crowd, which boosted the noise, as we were taking control of the game.

Lastly. There seems to be a little split between the right and left sides in the stand. Wether this is due to acoustics etc. i do not know, but sometimes one area will start a song, and the other side do not follow.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
was poor last night. Very poor.

Rubbish song choice as well.

Stand up if you hate Palace makes me cringe
The go left left song..........what a shite ending. Did someone just run out of ideas and go, that will do?

But I dont start songs, so will take some blame I suppose!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I don't think the atmosphere will change much until "safe standing" is introduced. With all the younger fans together it would make a considerable difference.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well tell the families and old buggers to move.

The north has the cheapest seats in the stadium so are you going to subsidise their tickets for them to move? I can see/hear the kids and old buggers singing too.
The team need to be playing well or the referee/opposition to be controversial to lift the atmosphere imo.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
was poor last night. Very poor.

Rubbish song choice as well.

Stand up if you hate Palace makes me cringe
The go left left song..........what a shite ending. Did someone just run out of ideas and go, that will do?

But I dont start songs, so will take some blame I suppose!
i agree Stand up if you hate Palace bores me and dont get me wrong i hate the scum but i cant be botherd to stand up

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
The atmosphere in the North is fine in sections, it would help if the club would put The Judge and co in the center of the North to help orchestrate both wings. The north west last night didn't stop but for about 10 minutes in the second half when we moaned about people leaving on 76 minutes (Last night was a night for a few moans but nothing OTT)... If you look at the atmosphere of the Readings, Birmingham's etc our support is bloody terrific in comparison, either that or I need to get my ears tested. When 'Go Left' got belted out in the North west yesterday there were sections of the North East stood there watching and taking videos instead of joining in... I agree it needs to be an entire stand in unity to create a great atmosphere! But when was the last time the WEST stand sang??!! 8k capacity isn't it? It sounds like the wing of sunday league team!!

To summarise, PUT THE JUDGE AT THE CENTRE OF THE NORTH!

agree???

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Without a low roof and standing the atmosphere will never be like the previous North Stand experience. It's just not the same..never will be again. My enjoyment of footie games and everything I go there for ( a proper blast ) is sadly diminished. Still enjoy it tho.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Agree.

Can we also put him in the corners; the west upper; about two dozen of him in the west lower; one in the south when open, and a couple in the east stand.

I also think the 1901 should have one of him as well.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It was a dull, low tempo game. And a full, low tempo atmosphere matched the occasion just fine.

I don't know why people expect a carefree carnival atmosphere. It would not have been authentic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here