Leaving early!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wow! A new subject to discuss.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Lets be honest the team weren't exactly playing gripping football to stop fans leaving, it was a pretty mundane performance but they did miss the equaliser

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Do these people get up and leave the cinema before the end of a film too?
Really don't understand, okay, yes if you have to be somewhere and so on the odd occasion leave before the finish, but to do it on a regular basis just to avoid a rush ???

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Its up to them if they leave early, they missed our goal.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Fu*king hell this again. How many more times? So what if they leave early its their choice and they miss out. How does it affect your live exactly that you feel the need to start a thread about it?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The Arsenal stadium was half empty at the end last night and they played well.
It just doesn't f##king matter, get over it

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Fu*king hell this again. How many more times? So what if they leave early its their choice and they miss out. How does it affect your live exactly that you feel the need to start a thread about it?
People leaving early does effect other people. It is very annoying to constantly have people walking in front me, obstructing my view.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can understand if:

A> We are 3 or 4 nil UP and the game is over - although bit harsh on the players not to applaud them off, if I was Calde and had worked my arse off then saw an empty stadium I'd wonder why I'd bothered.
B> We are 3 or 4 nil DOWN - game's over. Fair enough.
C> Evening games - some people have kids etc.

But on a sunny Saturday, with us playing well and the game in the balance - it's utterly baffling. It IS like leaving a film before the end in that instance. You've paid your money and travelled all that way and then you miss by far the most important part.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the great Manchester United how many titles,how many night of European football, how many international players, how many supporters leaving early against West Brom.
fickle,fickle, truly plastic supporters
in all my time watching the Albion I never left early even when we were being trounced by inferior teams.
and there are always results like the Sunderland at home in was it 76 two goals in injury time by Potts

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I can understand if:

A> We are 3 or 4 nil UP and the game is over - although bit harsh on the players not to applaud them off, if I was Calde and had worked my arse off then saw an empty stadium I'd wonder why I'd bothered.
B> We are 3 or 4 nil DOWN - game's over. Fair enough.
C> Evening games - some people have kids etc.

But on a sunny Saturday, with us playing well and the game in the balance - it's utterly baffling. It IS like leaving a film before the end in that instance. You've paid your money and travelled all that way and then you miss by far the most important part.

Agree with this - although if I'd paid to watch a film that turned out to be utter drivel then I would (and have) leave early...much the same as last nights football.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can understand it, especially with young kids who don't need to be waiting for ages in long queues at night games.

But I do honestly believe that it hurts the team, especially in a game like yesterday's. Others might not agree, but I think if you have all 26,000 people creating an incredible atmosphere chasing an equaliser or a winner, it is more likely to come. The other team feels under pressure, the ref might give a close call - having 5,000-plus heading home is not helping the team's cause.

Not having a go at the individuals, it is more the club and the transport infrastructure. It has to be good enough to let people watch the whole game and not feel it is going to cost them hours.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Left on full time whistle upper west . Waited for some mates having a piss. Casually wandered down to the station and obviously hit a que.

Within 15 mins was on a train .

No problems with trains at all

Aug 21, 2011
I can understand it, especially with young kids who don't need to be waiting for ages in long queues at night games.

But I do honestly believe that it hurts the team, especially in a game like yesterday's. Others might not agree, but I think if you have all 26,000 people creating an incredible atmosphere chasing an equaliser or a winner, it is more likely to come. The other team feels under pressure, the ref might give a close call - having 5,000-plus heading home is not helping the team's cause.

Not having a go at the individuals, it is more the club and the transport infrastructure. It has to be good enough to let people watch the whole game and not feel it is going to cost them hours.

Clearly doesnt as they scored a goal at 89 mins.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have never left early until last night, after Ipswich on Saturday and last night, I had had enough and left on 80 minutes. I actually got home 1 hour earlier than if I left at 90+ minutes. I did have 3 kids with me and one that is not well, so I have a get out clause! :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left on full time whistle upper west . Waited for some mates having a piss. Casually wandered down to the station and obviously hit a que.

Within 15 mins was on a train .

No problems with trains at all

Trains were the worst I have ever known, to and from the match. So much for getting better. I thought a fight would break out on Coastway West, which is always worst than Brighton to Falmer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here