Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar - We played well

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
On the website this was his take on the game. I am sorry, if that was playing well I hate to think what we will be like if we play badly. I could accept it if he came out and said we played badly and will work hard to get it right, but not one player came out of the game with any credit and we looked like a team that hadn't played together before. Professional footballers should be able to pass the ball four yards we couldn't even get that right. I hope he plays Ince on Saturday and moves Andrews into a more attacking role, but I doubt it he seems to want to shoehorn Bruno in somewhere. Don't be surprised if he is in goal on Saturday.:)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As I said before, he said we played well in every game before which I said was worrying.

Not sure what he thinks of our performances under gus.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We were very good....at playing utter dog turd. Just dreadful.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In fairness it is just Oscars style. He is not a media darling like Gus. His sentences are a lot shorter and he rarely elaborates, I think he will continue to reel out this type of response most of the time.

Would like to ask him what was good about it......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was he sat behind a post?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Oscar truly thought we played well, he's less of a manager than I thought he was. We were crap - end of.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Four shots on target isn't great.

Three more than some home games under Gus, in fairness.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Players did not take the chances when we played ok for first 20 minutes.
After that we were poor.
As most pundits say you protect your team when asked questions you don t pubically slate them. I am sure he is aware there is a lot to do.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As most pundits say you protect your team when asked questions you don t pubically slate them

You don't publicly pick out individuals for poor performances, I agree with that, but claiming the team played well when it's evident to everyone that they didn't, is not a good thing to do (only going by hearsay, I wasn't there, just a general point)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as I was f**king annoyed last night and indeed this morning, we have played every bit as badly at home in some games in the Amex years. That barren run under Gus in Amex year one was dire.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The biggest difference between how poor we were in previous seasons during some games (and we were) and last night is that in the past we always seemed to have a style, a direction and a definite approach. At times it was too inflexible, but we always had one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The biggest difference between how poor we were in previous seasons during some games (and we were) and last night is that in the past we always seemed to have a style, a direction and a definite approach. At times it was too inflexible, but we always had one.

That's fair comment but I wouldn't expect Oscar's style (whatever that may prove to be) to be stamped all over his team after just ten matches, especially with so many key players out injured. :(

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
In fairness it is just Oscars style. He is not a media darling like Gus. His sentences are a lot shorter and he rarely elaborates, I think he will continue to reel out this type of response most of the time.

Would like to ask him what was good about it......

Indeed. He may well be a good coach ( as a manager the jury's has to be still out) but so far he must be one of the dullest Albion managers. He's like a robot on skunk. He never says anything remotely interesting and when there are genuinely serious questions about the team and style of play which need addressing, not to even try and engage is just not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here