Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else feel carefree about this season?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Chatting with Bozza and a few others and we both agreed how there was a lot less stress about supporting the Albion this year compared to last. I really don't know if we'll get play-offs but I don't seem to care either and this is in stark contrast to last year where I think I took it all too seriously. I was almost sick before the March Palace game, I'd got myself so worried about it. Not having them in the league and not having a manager who seemed to hint that he'd be off at the first hint of more TV airtime has made me quite stoic about tonight, Ipswich, Newport and the rest of the season.

I really don't care what happens (assuming we don't go near relegation) and I think I've got my Albion mojo too. Am I in the minority here?

simballs

Jun 11, 2012
Southwick
I think it's less expectation. We're not spending money, got a new boss who'll need time etc etc. Maybe we're being level headed!!!

Dec 29, 2011
Chatting with Bozza and a few others and we both agreed how there was a lot less stress about supporting the Albion this year compared to last. I really don't know if we'll get play-offs but I don't seem to care either and this is in stark contrast to last year where I think I took it all too seriously. I was almost sick before the March Palace game, I'd got myself so worried about it. Not having them in the league and not having a manager who seemed to hint that he'd be off at the first hint of more TV airtime has made me quite stoic about tonight, Ipswich, Newport and the rest of the season.

I really don't care what happens (assuming we don't go near relegation) and I think I've got my Albion mojo too. Am I in the minority here?

Sums it up for me. Last years felt like an 'all eggs in one basket' kinda thing. Oscar is more long term, if he takes a season to bed in, so be it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

I just look back to 2008/2009 at Withdean and near relegation to league two. This is a good division, we are better than most, we will win more than we will lose, we have a great new stadium. Let's enjoy the ride.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm losing my mojo rapidly watching a team who can't string 2 passes together or get shots on target. We didn't even deserve a point tonight.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
nope still feel very stressed after watching frustrating games like tonight. At least we managed to grab a point at the end

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I just look back to 2008/2009 at Withdean and near relegation to league two. This is a good division, we are better than most, we will win more than we will lose, we have a great new stadium. Let's enjoy the ride.

That's the spirit! You can rely on Worthing folk to keep a sense of proportion.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm in the same boat :thumbsup:

Last season I got pretty stressed out by away games (and I NEVER normally do), as I was so desperate for the play-offs and more often than not went expecting a result. I feel a lot calmer this year and am looking forward to away days a lot more, as I'm back in the not too stressed camp.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nobody expects too much this season. And Oscar is justifying it. Next season he'll understand how teams like Wednesday won't want to get drawn into a football match. He'll understand that teams like to not to be ambitious and dig in, like Ipswich. This season he'll learn. We'll be 12th-16th and that is how it is. We'll then sign the right players for Oscar next summer and crack on.

Nothing to worry about, just settle back and enjoy. Oscar will get it right when we have our full strength squad available for a consistent period of time. We'll end the season strongly and cause CARNAGE next season.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
It's amazing watching other people getting stressed. All around me tonight there were boneheads who were wrong on virtually every call. Me, I just went to watch a game of football, having the occasional sing in support of my team. I'm now home with me cocoa and slippers thinking that it might be mid table and oh, whatever, It's just 22 men kicking a bag of air around a green patch.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I was thinking the same going to the game tonight. Wondered whether it was the let-down of the Palace game.

So there I was, sitting quite happily to enjoy a game of football and David Lopez then drove me to distraction and I ended up shouting at a player (not that he could hear me from ESU). Something I do about once a season. In any other walk of life you would get the sack for performing your job like that.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I like the vehemently angry posts from supporters (perhaps JCLs?) whose sole reason for going seems to be to watch the Albion storming their way into the Premier league. I get a distinct "if we don't look like we've got a chance of being in the Premiershite next year I'm gonna stop coming" vibe from these guys.

My last trip to the Amex was the Watford game last Christmas. We lost 3-1, it pissed down with rain and I spilt boiling hot Bovril on my crotch.

And I bloody loved every minute of it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

I'm slightly gutted about this season so far if i'm honest and it's painful. We have a very good team on paper. Okay we've had some rotten luck with injuries i know

I will also admit that Garcia hasn't won me over yet. I'm can't make up my mind about him and Jones. I want them to succeed but something at the back of my mind is telling me otherwise.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I look forward to seeing the team selection that i think will do well.
Kush
Calde Greer Upson Ward
Bridcutt
Andrews Orlandi
Buckley CMS Ulloa KLL

Bench. Casper, El Abd, Crofts, Ince, Dave, Kemy, JFC, Barnes.

Shit or Bust.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I like the vehemently angry posts from supporters (perhaps JCLs?) whose sole reason for going seems to be to watch the Albion storming their way into the Premier league. I get a distinct "if we don't look like we've got a chance of being in the Premiershite next year I'm gonna stop coming" vibe from these guys.

My last trip to the Amex was the Watford game last Christmas. We lost 3-1, it pissed down with rain and I spilt boiling hot Bovril on my crotch.

And I bloody loved every minute of it.
I've shamefully nicked your avatar mate to use on another forum :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here