Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Catering - salt beef and pulled pork

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I missed the last couple of games because of work. Are the pulled pork and salt beef sandwiches new tonight? Only available in the centre kiosk as far as I could tell. I had the salt beef and it was IMMENSE - toasted bun, melt in the mouth meat, lots of mustard and salty gherkins.

Did anyone else have one? And was it available in the rest of the ground? I really hope they roll this out if it's some kind of trial, it's an absolute winner!

On a side note, it's good to have the uni students back behind the counter. The queues were pretty quick tonight, it just goes to show that the ability to count and speak english really helps :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had a pulled pork bun at the Millwall game and it was really good, I had one at the Bolton game and it was terrible, won't have one again.

On the pie front, PP are now labeling the top of the pie so the chimps can get the right one in the right box, massive plus.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I had a pulled pork bun at the Millwall game and it was really good, I had one at the Bolton game and it was terrible, won't have one again.

On the pie front, PP are now labeling the top of the pie so the chimps can get the right one in the right box, massive plus.

Chimps lol

Wsu had mobile kronie beer units and had pre poured a good 20 pints at ht

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The mobile units make a big difference don't they.

I think chimps is a bit unfair, the uni students seem to be pretty competent (which you'd hope seeing as they're at university!). I think we're just destined to have dreadful service at the start of every season when they have to use agency staff who can't speak english and don't know what a pie is, they are the proper chimps.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
how are the pies as I've given them a miss last few games as the way they're cooked too inconsistent, one week over one week under...

Having had nowt to eat all day before last night's game I had a chilli pie from one kiosk in the north, then later a steak and ale from a separate kiosk. Both were proper warmed-up temperature rather than the scalded molten lava efforts of recent times, and both were stuffed full of meaty goodness. Beers were served efficiently and with a smile. No complaints here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here