Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and ride: what's the best one to get?

G_bedson

May 5, 2013
Hi guys

I usually get the train to and from the ground, however with tomorrow's game being an eve ko I'd like to get home ASAP after the match (by the way I refuse to leave before the final whistle). Just wondering what the different park and ride options are like. I'll need to travel west on the a27 or up the a23 after the game. Have also thought about park and walking but not sure where I can park near the ground?

Thanks

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mithras used to be best but I gave up on it after first season. I think you're looking 40 minutes to get on bus so about an hour back to car. But that's a pretty rough guess.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Mill Road, (junction of A27/A23) if you get there early enough before it's full - failing that I got to the race course.

Both have their advantages - far more buses go to and from the racecourse but Mill Road is on my route home up the A23.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Mithras used to be best but I gave up on it after first season. I think you're looking 40 minutes to get on bus so about an hour back to car. But that's a pretty rough guess.

I use Mithras every time and am always back at the car park within 30 minutes of the final whistle and sometimes quicker. And before you ask, I never leave early.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I use Mithras every time and am always back at the car park within 30 minutes of the final whistle and sometimes quicker. And before you ask, I never leave early.

Well things have changed then. I don't doubt you but you must get out and and up there very quickly. By the time I got to the queue it was always at least a third of the way down the walkway to stadium. Glad to hear things have improved so much.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Mithras might be a mare before the game as the new bus lane has left just a single lane for all the other vehicles to crawl down. Traffic does move, just very slowly.

Mithras might be a mare before the game as the new bus lane has left just a single lane for all the other vehicles to crawl down. Traffic does move, just very slowly.
At the time that folk are arriving to park up at Mithras House, traffic is moving fairly freely along Lewes Road (in both directions). Such "crawling" as is going on is mainly down to delays around the Vogue gyratory - but those are no worse than ever they've been.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If considering parking on the road and walking the last bit where is the nearest area to the ground going towards Brighton that you can now park legally, due to new parking regulations of residents only.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If considering parking on the road and walking the last bit where is the nearest area to the ground going towards Brighton that you can now park legally, due to new parking regulations of residents only.

Worthing or Eastbourne

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What normal buses go past Mithras to the Stadium?

(therefore avoiding having to go up the Falmer slip road)

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

What about getting away afterwards? All the traffic now has half the road space to disperse that it had previously. Not everyone, and especially not drivers, want to stay for a pint afterwards (especially for evening games), so there could be a bit of queue. Could be interesting to hear how people find getting out of Mithras now the bus lane is fully operational.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What normal buses go past Mithras to the Stadium?

(therefore avoiding having to go up the Falmer slip road)

25,28 & 29.

I'm guessing this will work as a speedier way of getting to the ground, but may be a bit restricted coming back for an evening game?

does anyone have any experience?

I'm guessing this will work as a speedier way of getting to the ground, but may be a bit restricted coming back for an evening game?

There's nothing to stop you using the 23, 25, 28 or 29 to travel to the stadium and the Mithras P&R bus to leave.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

As I go over the bridge for the train, I have seen a 25 bendy bus at Falmer station, empty & parked up ready to go into Brighton. That may well be a speedier way of leaving.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here