Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice needed Re Travel Polegate to London (not for footie )

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Hi All

Need some advice, staying in London 27th Dec for 1 night, no direct trains due to engineering. Thinking about driving to the outskirts and then parking up, and tube to Central London. Anyone do this regularly, can anyone advice best stations, cheap street parking to park for a couple of days and then nice easy tube in. Staying nr Russell Square, on the Piccadilly line.

theboybilly

Is it worth driving to a Southeastern station? (ie Battle or Robertsbridge) and train up from there? Otherwise a drive to East Grinstead and direct train to London Bridge. I haven't got a Tube map handy, this is just a couple of ideas off the top of my head...sorry.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Polegate - Three Bridges
BUS Three Bridges - Coulsdon Town
Coulsdon Town - London Bridge
TUBE from there

Would take 2 hours. If your going to drive, try Horsham, East Grinstead or Battle - all will have a direct service to London

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would take 2 hours.

tbh i dont think it'll be alot quicker driving to a London rail/tube and you still have to "change". Battle seems a best idea from Willingdon or lump it on the bus.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I had to do a survey recently in central London. Drove to Crowborough, Uckfield is the same easy all day parking close to station, main line through to London Bridge.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I had to do a survey recently in central London. Drove to Crowborough, Uckfield is the same easy all day parking close to station, main line through to London Bridge.

Cheers. Uckfield looks good option. Where to park overnight?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Anywhere in the west end is a ******* for parking and expensive, I tend to drive in all the way now as it's on expenses anyway but in the past I've parked at North Greenwich station which is easy to get to and on the jubilee line - I stopped because they made it season ticket holders only in the week. After that I used to go near west silvertown on the DLR, but it can be dodgy with cars getting broken into and I think they've stopped street parking.

Parkopedia is decent, you might find something that isn't silly money.

http://www.parkopedia.co.uk/

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Direct National Express Coach 024 Polegate to Vauxhall tube, but only 1 a day and takes 2 hours 45 mins.

PG

Rather bizarrely, given the area's reputation, when I've done the park-up-in-the-outskirts-of-London thing, I've always opted for Rotherhithe (SE16) as the place to park. I guess it's because it's an area I know well, through my now-deceased grandparents living there for 50-odd years, but I've never had any problems. Handy for the East London line (now London Overground) and the Jubilee Line.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here