Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Printer cartridges...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
...I was in PC World buying one set of printer cartridges when a bloke next to me also buying said "do you know for twice the price (or by buying 2 sets of cartridges) you could buy a new printer which probably already has a set of cartridges installed". Hadn't thought of it that way, what a rip off cartridges really are!!!!:glare:
Should be investigated!!!!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Buy replica cartridges online - huge savings.

Got 4 sets (16 cartridges) for an Epson for £7 on Amazon.

You are probably right but needed set urgently. Anyway doesn't answer the real problem of being ripped off when they cost about 50p to produce in China.

boik

You are probably right but needed set urgently. Anyway doesn't answer the real problem of being ripped off when they cost about 50p to produce in China.

New printers are supplied with cartridges which only have a tiny capacity, so not the bargain it seems.

I get my cartridges from Choice Stationery, and they've always been great. About one tenth the price of genuine ones for some models.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
...I was in PC World buying one set of printer cartridges when a bloke next to me also buying said "do you know for twice the price (or by buying 2 sets of cartridges) you could buy a new printer which probably already has a set of cartridges installed". Hadn't thought of it that way, what a rip off cartridges really are!!!!:glare:
Should be investigated!!!!

That works with Lexmark printers which are cheap but the cartridges are expensive.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
ink-costs-more-than-human-blood_50290ced00807.jpg

Cartridgesave supply 6 packs of ink for my ancient Epson work printer at around 1/3 cost of the genuine articles. £13.25 post paid against £36.49 for the cheapest I can find for the genuine article on line. They haven't messed up my printer - yet - but as it is over 5 years old and a cheap and cheerful one I wouldn't lose too much sleep if it did.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Cartridge World in Station Road , Portslade gives 15% off to Albion season ticket holders
THank you. I was not aware of this, and just by luck I am off up their later to buy my thrice yearly supply of cartridges. SHould save me a nice few quid :thumbsup:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I use PrinterInks for my replacement cartridges. They are not cheap but so far I haven't had any problems with them, which is a blessing. I have tried cheaper cartridges in the past but all of them have eventually failed to work with my printer, usually because the chip in the cartridge can't be read by my printer. What do I conclude from this? Cheapest isn't always the best.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
THank you. I was not aware of this, and just by luck I am off up their later to buy my thrice yearly supply of cartridges. SHould save me a nice few quid :thumbsup:

Right, will give this a try. Am always popping in to Post Office a couple of shops away, so not putting me out of my way!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here