Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TABLET iNFO

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sister in law is raving about her new Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet which she bought from Tesco for about £260. I then looked up the spec for it and saw that it uses the same Jelly Bean 4.1 system as a Capactive one I saw on Ebay same size 10.1 in selling at £88.00 What is the basic difference between the two to warrant such a difference in price.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Hardware, speed, storage, quality etc. It is like laptops. Most run windows 7/8 but some are a lot faster and better quality than others.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wouldn't bother with a cheap tablet tbh. Best buy is from a well known make. If around a hundred is the budget, Acer make a cheap tablet for that that considering the price is better than most. Asus also have an entry level tablet for a similar price. Tesco are about to launch 'Hudl' or some such name, it's got pretty good specs for a tablet around that price too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Prices are due to drop soon what with the emergence of Hudl and x'mas shopping time fast approaching. I wouldn't buy anything for a month or two.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The processor and memory etc will be a lot faster in your sisters one, it may be the same operating system but the cheap one on ebay will be considerably slower.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I bought a cheapo eBay tablet and it was shite. I sold it on after a couple of weeks and bought a nexus 7 which, although smaller, is excellent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem is the Hudl like the Nexus and many others are only 7inch and I want a 10inch so am in a dilemma. I do not think the use I will get out of it warrants buying an Ipad, so looking for an alternative.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The problem is the Hudl like the Nexus and many others are only 7inch and I want a 10inch so am in a dilemma. I do not think the use I will get out of it warrants buying an Ipad, so looking for an alternative.

Why do you want a ten inch specifically? I started with an Asus Transformer and although I initially liked it, the size of it started to become an annoyance. After a year I bought a Nexus 7, which I've now owned for about ten months. Personally I wouldn't go back as 7 inches is so much more comfortable to hold.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know if I pad mini prices r likely to drop?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
GCCM

The ability to see the screen without moving the words etc across is the prime reason.

Usually, I read using apps. Kindle, Amazon, Tesco, bbc, tapatalk to view this forum. Everything presented well and formatted correctly. Some webpages don't look great on chrome but most are pretty good.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife has a 7 inch android and if reading anything like this site or e mails I have to move the text across the screen, in order that it fits onto the screen, unless I make the print so small that I cant read it, even with glasses.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wife has a 7 inch android and if reading anything like this site or e mails I have to move the text across the screen, in order that it fits onto the screen, unless I make the print so small that I cant read it, even with glasses.

Try tapatalk. You won't look back ;)

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
The Samsung will have a better screen, Samsung have pioneered OLED screens and my Note II has the most amazingly clear picture when watching videos.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Get the google nexus 7. It has received amazing reviews and won best mini tablet on whathifi.com

It's for the mrs mate, possibly. Thing is she really wants one to sync it with her iphone which I assume is the only one that does this... Quite happy with my cheap kindle myself...

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
It's for the mrs mate, possibly. Thing is she really wants one to sync it with her iphone which I assume is the only one that does this... Quite happy with my cheap kindle myself...

O ok fair enough. I have the iPad and iPhone 4S and they work well together. My girlfriends mum has the iPad mini and it's great. Very light and great quality screen.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

I often read this site on my son's 8'' Galaxy tab. I find if you turn the screen horizontally , stretch the text and then rotate back to vertical , the text will autofit and adjust to whichever text size you want without you having to scoll it. Also works on the Argus site as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here