Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Crystal Palace Genuine Comedy Odds thread...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to Paddy Power:

Miley Cyrus Next Boyfriend - Prince Harry: 200-1
Robbie Williams to be next James Bond: 250-1
Luis Suarez to play Freddie Mercury: 475-1
Crystal Palace to finish in Top 4: 500-1

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Crikey, those are generous odds. More like a million to one.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I really don't understand why this board is so overly obsessed with Palace these days. I swear that when I joined it was just the occasional thread and was far more light hearted. There are now 4 or 5 on the Big Board. We just look bitter.

Yes they may get relegated this year they may not get another point. But they got to the Premier League and we didn't. They have also made a load of money out of it

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I really don't understand why this board is so overly obsessed with Palace these days. I swear that when I joined it was just the occasional thread and was far more light hearted. There are now 4 or 5 on the Big Board. We just look bitter.

Yes they may get relegated this year they may not get another point. But they got to the Premier League and we didn't. They have also made a load of money out of it

I'm genuinely not bitter. I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last year because we don't have Palace in the same league and the pressure's off. Added to that was all that playing with the big boys rubbish that the Palace trolls kept going on about where clearly they are not and never will be one of the big boys. We might get promoted, we might not but one thing's clear is that Palace will get relegated and it's funny to watch.

Holloway is clueless tactically this season, he's already peed off the refs, Parrish has put his foot in his mouth big style about diving, there's fighting in the dressing room and they bought 15 or 16 players who are clearly not premiership standard. You've got to admit - that's quite some start to the Premiership.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brighton to finish in the top 20 of the Premier League this season: Infinity to One.

You'll always have this one glorious season where you were the worst team the Prem has ever seen, but hey, at least you were above us (somehow, despite finishing below us for the 2nd season in 2). Meanwhile we have many happy years in the Prem to look forward to. I'm DEVASTATED.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm genuinely not bitter. I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last year because we don't have Palace in the same league and the pressure's off. Added to that was all that playing with the big boys rubbish that the Palace trolls kept going on about where clearly they are not and never will be one of the big boys. We might get promoted, we might not but one thing's clear is that Palace will get relegated and it's funny to watch.

Holloway is clueless tactically this season, he's already peed off the refs, Parrish has put his foot in his mouth big style about diving, there's fighting in the dressing room and they bought 15 or 16 players who are clearly not premiership standard. You've got to admit - that's quite some start to the Premiership.

Don't get me wrong. I find it amusing and good to watch, I have a number of Palace friends and we have a good laugh and 'banter' about it. I just really don't see why we have so many threads on it. I looked on here an 45 mins or so ago and the top three threads were this one, 'Palace on MOTD' and 'Palace Takeover'

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't get me wrong. I find it amusing and good to watch, I have a number of Palace friends and we have a good laugh and 'banter' about it. I just really don't see why we have so many threads on it. I looked on here an 45 mins or so ago and the top three threads were this one, 'Palace on MOTD' and 'Palace Takeover'

They're at the top because you post on them. Quite simple really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Skybet are showing 11/10. :lol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I had a tweet from a palace fan the other day saying he would genuinely swap places with us, they really aren't enjoying it much.

Dec 29, 2011
I had a tweet from a palace fan the other day saying he would genuinely swap places with us, they really aren't enjoying it much.

We have a brand new, top of the range academy on the way. A £100M stadium. A flair manager who used to play for Barcelona, with a fairly decent Championship squad.

They have a good academy, a shit heap of a stadium, a shit squad with a wage bill that would make you cry (which they'll have to pay in the Championship somehow) and a clueless manager.

Administration or some sort of 'financial trouble' down the road really wouldn't surprise me.

I know who I'd rather support.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least this weekends fixtures gives them some rest bite.

Away to Liverpool, Blunderland are home to Utd.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Or just throw your money down the loo same effect

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I don't give a fvck. And in time I look forward to the day when the odds on David Beckham being Prime Minister are shorter than Palace avoiding relegation. Currently Becks is 1000-1 so the way things are going I'd say mid-March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here