Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concert tickets - How much would you pay?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Its the mrs birthday next April and one of her favourites is Justin timberlake who has just announced tour dates in April 2014.

Looking at the presale the standing tickets are £110 plus fees with seated from £50 right in the rafters.

Good folk of NSC, are concert tickets becoming ridiculously overpriced or are these justfied?

How much would YOU pay to see someone you enjoyed listeining to?

Please dont turn this into a 'Justin, why are you going to see him' thread.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Its the mrs birthday next April and one of her favourites is Justin timberlake who has just announced tour dates in April 2014.

Looking at the presale the standing tickets are £110 plus fees with seated from £50 right in the rafters.

Good folk of NSC, are concert tickets becoming ridiculously overpriced or are these justfied?

How much would YOU pay to see someone you enjoyed listeining to?

Please dont turn this into a 'Justin, why are you going to see him' thread.

Why the hell are you going to Justin Timberlake? Anything, is overpriced to go and see him ....

Clearly I am far more macho than you becase my Mrs wanted to go to Take That and I was more than happy to tag along. I remember the tickets for that were about £80 each, which I thought was a little steep but it was one of those one off evenings where I said I would treat her to it.

All in all though I feel that tickets are getting stupid. Half the time there will be so many people there and you'll be so far away that you will be watching it on the big screen. Other than the one off I won't pay over £20 for a ticket to see some music live and that rather limits the people you can go and see. My mother in law goes and watches the Bootleg Beatles everytime they come to Reading and I think the tickets for that are about £30 which is crazy seeing as they (albeit talented) are a tribute band

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Festivals is the answer these days.

Dunno if you are the camping kind but Timberlake may do a couple of the more commercial festivals next year ... He is rumoured for the Isle of Wight festival at present (£185 12th-15th June - wait until line-up announced before buying).
This year he headlined Wireless on the Friday in July at the Olympic Park for £57.50 ... which also got you Snoop Dogg; John Legend and about 20 others over 4 stages

£200 last year got you tickets to Glastonbury and 5+ days entertainment (7 for me!) ... including the Rolling Stones + 1000+ other acts over 70+ stages!!!

Rolling Stones alone at Hyde Park would have set you back up to £300

Can't she just watch it on YouTube after the concert. It is bound to be recorded in near HD definition by people (from multiple angles probably) using a variety of hand held devices and the sound quality will make it feel like she is actually there!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is a classic case of charging what you can - no doubt he will sell out pdq, so that justifies it. Fan exploitation at it's worst, if you ask me, but if he gets away with it then good luck to him.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
er....we went to Take That too! that was £80 and Ithougth that was a lot. £100 to stand at a concert is daylight robbery though.

I wouldnt mind paying about £40-£60 per ticket but I think anything above that is ridiculous. I guess we get quite a good deal at the AMEX for the price we do actually pay.

Festivals are the way forward it seems.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A divorce might be cheaper, or try to get her interested in a cheaper act with more talent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So glad my wife isn't into shit music. Except Steps. And some other shit music.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
A divorce might be cheaper, or try to get her interested in a cheaper act with more talent.

Im not disputing whether he is or isnt a good act. Its just the cost, I was interested to see how much people would be willing to pay to see the acts they love? for me....£60 max I reckon.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If Led Zeppelin were to reform for another one-off then I'd probably pay up to £1000 to get a ticket.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The situation has gone from bad to worse since ebay introduced 'stub hub'. I want to get my daughter 2 tks for Disclosure at 'The Dome' & the £18 face value equates about £75 a ticket via the secondary market.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I saw Led Zepp for £10 once. Those were the days.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The good news is you can see many small bands in tiny venues for less than a tenner. As long as that fact remains I will be happy. Most I have paid recently was £35 and that is to see Nick Cave. Worth it for Stagger Lee alone.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So us men pay xxxxx to watch football and the Mrs can't have a night out for a couple of hundred? Some of you are so tight jeez.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can't she just watch it on YouTube after the concert. It is bound to be recorded in near HD definition by people (from multiple angles probably) using a variety of hand held devices and the sound quality will make it feel like she is actually there!
What would you rather do go to watch the Albion live or watch the match later via a crappy youtube vid?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I was tempted to buy a Led Zeppelin reunion ticket for £500 a few years back and would have done except I wanted a pair of tickets so Mrs Jakarta could come with me.

Only one ticket was available so neither of us went and I contented myself with getting the DVD last year!

I know it was ridiculous to think of spending a grand for one gig but I'm sure they will never play together again.....

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I saw Led Zepp for £10 once. Those were the days.

TEN POUNDS ! Good God - I think I paid £4 to see them at Earls Court !
When I went to see the Stones at Knebworth in 76 it was £4 to see them,Lynyrd Skynyrd,10cc and a host of others.
I accept though that that was over 30 years ago and prices have dramatically risen but,if people keep paying it, promoters will keep charging those prices.
Personally I wouldn't go to the bottom of my garden to see J Timberlake or Take **** but each to their own

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here