Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we play as badly under Poyet as we did against Ipswich

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
... in the last two seasons in the Championship? I can only think of the 3-0 Palace away, but then we played virtually the entire match with ten men and only one central defender. Can't think of any other performance, at least in the league (there was the awful game at Swindon in the league cup of course)...

Been a big fan of Oscar up till now, but that was worrying.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bristol city away last year...although we got a draw i do remember peeps saying we were crap...Blackpool away last 2 seasons if memory serves me right...i think if u gave it some though you could come up with more...short memories and all that

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bristol city away last year...although we got a draw i do remember peeps saying we were crap...Blackpool away last 2 seasons if memory serves me right...i think if u gave it some though you could come up with more...short memories and all that

Yes, I'm sure you're right Lamie...

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There were certainly moments under Poyet where we weren't easy on the eye, or very effective going forward, or very clever at the possession tactics we were trying to master. Generally it seemed to happen during phases of a particular game rather than throughout the entire match

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Get a grip, people. First Oscar was going to win us the league (an opinion expressed by many on here, albeit before he'd even taken control of his first pre-season friendly) and now we suffer a defeat, which tends to happen from time to time, and everyone's worried. It's early.

Of course, if we don't beat Sheffield Wednesday, Oscar out ...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol City away is a good example. We didn't have a shot, not one shot, not even a 40 yarder over the roof of the stand. We literally didn't attempt to score in the whole 90 minutes.

And yes we were crap at Blackpool as well although got a flukey goal to salvage a draw.

Seriously though, stupid thread, give Oscar a chance. We have LOADS of players out.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yes there were games. Bristol City away was the worse than Ipswich on Saturday, even though we got a point.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I know I will be subjected to the normal "this aint a Palace thread so f**k off" sort of thing, But......

You had a bad game, even a terrible game by all reports. But he is a new manager for you and may have been trying something that did not work. Either way it is one game ffs, talk about defeatist. If I had jumped in saying how shite you were, all of you would have told me exactly what I have said above.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bristol City away was truly awful; we didn't manage a shot all game or even a corner until well into the 2nd half against the weakest team in the league by far. Watford at home was fairly poor as well - a result that was followed up by a 3-0 away win at Ipswich.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I know I will be subjected to the normal "this aint a Palace thread so f**k off" sort of thing, But......

You had a bad game, even a terrible game by all reports. But he is a new manager for you and may have been trying something that did not work. Either way it is one game ffs, talk about defeatist. If I had jumped in saying how shite you were, all of you would have told me exactly what I have said above.

F**k off anyway......

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Spot on. The reactions to one bad game (where we still had a GLORIOUS chance, practically an open goal to take the lead, and a clear penalty turned down), from some on here and Twitter have been rather embarrassing.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Watford away, not sure which season, but I remember those that attended were not very complimentary in their remarks after the match!

That was absolutely dire . Team was odd a well , wasn't dicker a left winger . 90 mins of hoof ball and couldn't string a pass together. Lowest league position of the season after that result if I remember correctly. Seem to recall it being the peak of a pretty shit period .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Stupid comparison, Oscar Garcia is not Gus Poyet. We are going to have off days whoever is in charge, even more so with a new manager who is still getting used to the squad, the league, the club and the culture.

I still maintain that this will be a transitionary season. Remember that Poyet had a few years under his belt in the english lower leagues at Swindon and Leeds. Garcia is coming into it from a standing start, all of this must be pretty unfamiliar territory for him so I fully expect results and performances to be a bit inconsistant. He'll learn plenty this season about the players he has at his disposal and what works in this league so next year I think we'll be ready to have a proper run at it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Wolves away game when it was 1-1 at halftime with Wolves down to ten men, only for us to draw 3-3.

We completely played them off the park in the first half. Their first goal was virtually the first kick they'd had! Poor defending let us down in the end, but there was no doubt who was by far the superior team. Was more thinking about games when we were outclassed (I'd forgotten the 6-1 at West Ham!)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

That kind of rational thinking is not welcome here. Get out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here