Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan Away Trains 23/11/13

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Currently £50 from London to Wigan return even this far in advance. (Virgin trains)
Anyone who is good with train deals help me out?

Also I have heard there is a chance of the fixture date being changed due to Wigan being in the Europa League?
Dont wanna buy non refundable train tickets and it then change.

seagullkev

May 13, 2007
peacehaven
Currently £50 from London to Wigan return even this far in advance. (Virgin trains)

Also I have heard there is a chance of the fixture date being changed due to Wigan being in the Europa League?

i booked last week and going via birmingham much cheaper, coming back direct from wigan to london.. also wigan not playing thursday before so don't see why it would be changed.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL

It's the weekend after international fixtures (WC play offs) so fixtures will still be a Saturday I'd presume..

As for train tickets currently £46.50 adult return leaving at 10.30 from Euston & the 17.28 back (Via Crewe)

Should be a good day out (performance dependent)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wont affect those from Brighton, but due to major resignalling work, all trains between Lewes and Hastings via Eastbourne will be suspended that weekend - new signalling equipment gets readied for use.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
There were cheaper trains avaiable but you had to be prepared to arrive into Wigan at 9.25am! I opted for the more expensive trains and a 12.25 arrival. No idea why there were so few cheap tickets that arrive at a normal time! Plenty of choice coming home, its just the London-Wigan leg thats a problem!

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Booked mine a few weeks ago, found it hard to find cheap tickets going up. but managed to get a return for £35 but via Manchester going up and via Crew going back.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Right thanks for the help guys. After renewing my railcard, and going a different route I have as follows:

Outward:
09:43 to Birmingham £7.25
12:20 to Wigan £5.30

Return:
19:12 to London £12.55

£25.10 London to Wigan return, not bad booking it now.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
One of the most boring away days I have ever been on, hope this one is better for you lot.

Was that August 2004 and a 3-0 defeat? They went up that season to the Premier League and played amazing. I think it was Jimmy Bullard that tore us apart that day.

I stayed up in Atherton for a weekend after I'd met a girl in Ibiza. Cardiff City were playing at Wigan on the Saturday and it seemed the whole of the Greater Manchester Police force were about. Mind you, it was the season the BBC made that documentary on the Soul Crew causing aggro everywhere.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Only £15 to get in at Wigan, can see us taking 2500 odd as will be a new ground for the fair majority.

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
i booked last week and going via birmingham much cheaper, coming back direct from wigan to london.. also wigan not playing thursday before so don't see why it would be changed.

Oi thought we were changing at Crewe on way back to refuel with tinnies and curry :smile: :drink:

Hope I got the right Kev now:p

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was that August 2004 and a 3-0 defeat? They went up that season to the Premier League and played amazing. I think it was Jimmy Bullard that tore us apart that day.

I stayed up in Atherton for a weekend after I'd met a girl in Ibiza. Cardiff City were playing at Wigan on the Saturday and it seemed the whole of the Greater Manchester Police force were about. Mind you, it was the season the BBC made that documentary on the Soul Crew causing aggro everywhere.
That was the one mate I finished a job in Scotland and planned my trip back via Wigan wish I had just carried on driving lol.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
we booked a bit back via Brum and it was around £20 each!!

all staying for a night out in Manchester so should be good.

reckon we'll take 1000 if playing ok

Jimmy Grimble

really,no more than 800

I'd think there will be at least 1000 to this.

We used to take 600 odd to Carlisle in League One, despite playing them year on year. I think we'll find an extra 400 in The Championship against a team we haven't played in about 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here