Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you applied for Royal Mail shares ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nah I'll just take the free ones, thanks.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Letter sales falling; poor labour relations; lack of modernisation; where is the money for dividends going to come from; inevitable Government or Wathdog interference....

Not likely!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I will take my free ones as an employee of Royal Mail. The public like to moan about the posties but don't realise what a great service they are going to lose. Very
sad time, even Thatcher who I will always hate with passion decided that Royal Mail was the Queens service and should not be sold off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Letter sales falling; True but there's no money in that anyway. Packet deliveries are at an all time high and increasing exponentially poor labour relations; in the short term, the union is on it's last legs and it knows it.lack of modernisation; massive investment over the last 2 years, hundreds of millions of pounds where is the money for dividends going to come from; £400m profit last year. inevitable Government or Wathdog interference. The whole point of Privatisation is to get that monkey off RM's back.

Not likely!

There's money to be made, although I wouldn't buy them for long term investment.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, the good old Con(servative) Trick again. Buy something we already, or now, used to own ???
Is that the same Conservative trick that is based on the Labour Party blue print?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
where is the money for dividends going to come from

Price of stamps will go up on a much more regular basis at 3 or 4 times the rate of inflation just like rail , gas and electricity prices do.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Hell yes, I'm in big for this one. The corporate prize here is massive, years of union intransigence and blocking modernisation and anything remotely looking like productivity improvements.

Under private ownership with proper capital funding this business has the potential to properly compete on the UK and world stage. Those union lead boots will become a thing of the past when the people that work for Royal Mail realise how good their propsects are in the new world, both as individuals, and as powerful business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What are you on about ???

Thatcher sold off the railways, gas, electric, water etc. Don't think there was anything left to sell in 1997, apart from RM ???
Which Labour proposed this sell off under Brown.
The Conservatives couldn't believe their luck when it fell into their lap.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What are you on about ???

Thatcher sold off the railways, gas, electric, water etc. Don't think there was anything left to sell in 1997, apart from RM ???
Irn Bru Gordy had to sell off the gold reserves because Thatcher had sold all the family silver :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Which Labour proposed this sell off under Brown.
The Conservatives couldn't believe their luck when it fell into their lap.

Didn't Labour only want to sell 50% of RM , hold on to the other 50% and keep 1 "golden share" so they still retained a Government majority stake ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here