Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Level - A big well done...

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
...to all those involved in the redevelopment. Working in London Road I tend to use Ditchling Road and Baker Street for my access, so don't often go past The Level. I knew of the redevelopment and had seen plans of what was to happen. Today after finishing work I decided to go a different way home and drove around The Level. I have never in my forty four years as a Brighton resident seen so many youngsters with their families enjoying the facilities that the park has/had to offer. There were hundreds playing, using the rides, skatepark or just running around having good old fashioned fun. Good to see it is being used to the full and kids getting away from the television or computer and taking part in physical activities.

Well done.:thumbsup:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
...to all those involved in the redevelopment. Working in London Road I tend to use Ditchling Road and Baker Street for my access, so don't often go past The Level. I knew of the redevelopment and had seen plans of what was to happen. Today after finishing work I decided to go a different way home and drove around The Level. I have never in my forty four years as a Brighton resident seen so many youngsters with their families enjoying the facilities that the park has/had to offer. There were hundreds playing, using the rides, skatepark or just running around having good old fashioned fun. Good to see it is being used to the full and kids getting away from the television or computer and taking part in physical activities.

Well done.:thumbsup:

Have to agree with this they have done a superb job with that park, now all they have to do is to keep the wino's and crackheads out

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I feel sorry for the poor sod who gets the job of mowing the grass on top of that new hut :lol:

Agree with the OP in that when its fully complete it will look great, and along with the Lewes Road improvements, and the Seven Dials re-nag, there have been some positives out of this council administration :) (I know the LRI were already financed pre-Green admin.)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Had a walk through the Level soon after the first phase was opened and it is now an attractive and well-used space....it really was a space that had fallen into disrepair and attracted the drinking crowd.

When I was doing a computer course at the old Technical College on Lewes Road back in 1998 I used to walk through the rose garden to get to London Road but rarely ventured off the path.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Went past recently, and it is a massive improvement from the last 20 years, or even my childhood before that. It is another example of good park planning and management, along with Hove Park, that the populous really will appreciate. Just for once, well done to the current administration for the implementation of this project. #greencommunism

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here