Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch your speed!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This paragraph is inaccurate.

Drivers who participate in these courses, which normally cost more than the £100 fixed penalty fine, would avoid getting points on their licence

The fine is £100, the speed awareness course is £85. This is within the last two weeks.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just a thought, and a question for the boffins on here, in that if the traffic adheres to the 20mph. limit, is there a danger of smog build-up, as in slower moving traffic will lead to a semi-static layer of exhaust gases hovering above carriageways, creating a breathing hazard for cyclists/pedestrians?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Just a thought, and a question for the boffins on here, in that if the traffic adheres to the 20mph. limit, is there a danger of smog build-up, as in slower moving traffic will lead to a semi-static layer of exhaust gases hovering above carriageways, creating a breathing hazard for cyclists/pedestrians?

Wear a mask? I dont mean a frankenstein halloween mask before anyone jumps in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I've often thought this....its down to 2nd or 3rd gear ...braking etc...maybe they could have tried 25 on the basis people would then stick to 30

This paragraph is inaccurate.

Drivers who participate in these courses, which normally cost more than the £100 fixed penalty fine, would avoid getting points on their licence

The fine is £100, the speed awareness course is £85. This is within the last two weeks.

Not exactly. It depends on the offence and the issuing force. I know that SP30 is £60 fine, and at least one force charge £110 for the course.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, why do you ask?

It seemed to be an attempt to tell us that our local police force will be enforcing the 20 mph 'limit' imposed by our local authority here in Brighton and Hove.

Which they have categorically stated that they will not be doing.

That's all, sorry if I misread your intentions.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I gave up on the article as soon as it mentioned that anti-car gobshite Norman Baker

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Not a smog build up, but cars release 2 - 3 times as much NO2 and PM10 at 20mph than at 30mph. So yes, the 20mph speed limit will lead to more deaths. Air pollution is the second biggest single cause of premature deaths in the uk after smoking.

I'm an air quality consultant by the way.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not exactly. It depends on the offence and the issuing force. I know that SP30 is £60 fine, and at least one force charge £110 for the course.

Speeding at 38 in a 30mph area ie. Saltedean 3 weeks ago. The fine went up recently.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Er, I did a Masters in Environmental Management and Assessment if that's what you mean, though others in my team are mathematicians/meteorologists/chemists.

OK, thank you, just wondered, didn't mean anything.

So you and your team are based where, and funded by who?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I did the course the other week. I think the cost depends on whether you have a practical element or not. I'm sure some forces to do charge more than others though.

I did it up at the race course and half of it was worth while and I would say all new passes should have to do that side of it before they are given a licence. However the other half was just sanctimonious bullshit. Daft questions like what happens when you speed with the answers forced down the route of you'll die and kill people and lose your job and your house and children and you'll get divorced and lose several limbs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I did the course the other week. I think the cost depends on whether you have a practical element or not. I'm sure some forces to do charge more than others though.

I did it up at the race course and half of it was worth while and I would say all new passes should have to do that side of it before they are given a licence. However the other half was just sanctimonious bullshit. Daft questions like what happens when you speed with the answers forced down the route of you'll die and kill people and lose your job and your house and children and you'll get divorced and lose several limbs.
:lol: What was in the good half?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here